SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Can a blue swedish mallard mixed with a welsh harlequin drake make what looks like a black swedish??? I can take more pics later once I open the bator.

Last edited:
I just got four Swedish ducklings and I was wondering if their feet and bill change color as they age. Right now the only way I can tell them apart is by the color of their feet! They are about 1 1/2 weeks old

I just got four Swedish ducklings and I was wondering if their feet and bill change color as they age. Right now the only way I can tell them apart is by the color of their feet! They are about 1 1/2 weeks old

I'd like an answer to this too! Mine are all different colors overall, and their feet and legs are all different too. The gal I got my eggs from said they should stay like they are, but someone else told me they would likely become more one colored. So I don't know, what's more likely?

I do know from hatch to just over 2 weeks, the yellow has faded to more tan color, but the dark/light areas have stayed the same as they started.

Last edited:
  1. [COLOR=000000]Pâté is our only duck but we are looking for one more and two chickens. I think she is a girl but I don't really know?? I love her we got her as a baby and now she is so big she is 7 to 8 months old.
  1. [COLOR=000000] [/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
take a photo of the back end of their tail. drake's have the feather that curls. You can hear the difference between a quack and a not quack. Drake's dont Wuack loud hen's do

Mine have always maintained their foot and leg color. It may change a bit, but dark seems to stay dark and light seems to stay light.

So I went to Tractor Supply and got 3 unsexed mystery ducks there was a list of duck breeds they could be and the one that stood out was Swedish ducks they are pure black except they have a yellow bib so my thinking was black Swedish ducklings! They are purebred though just don't know there breed.I will get more pictures tomorrow so you can see the bibs better but would you agree?

So I went to Tractor Supply and got 3 unsexed mystery ducks there was a list of duck breeds they could be and the one that stood out was Swedish ducks they are pure black except they have a yellow bib so my thinking was black Swedish ducklings! They are purebred though just don't know there breed.I will get more pictures tomorrow so you can see the bibs better but would you agree?

Oh can't wait to see them when they are older

Back
Top Bottom