SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
I get to join this thread!!!
frow.gif

I bought today my first 4 ducklings, and two are definitely swedish, one black and one blue, and the other? He's blue with the white chest, but has a small tuft of fluff on his head. Can swedish ducks be crested?

I get to join this thread!!!
frow.gif

I bought today my first 4 ducklings, and two are definitely swedish, one black and one blue, and the other? He's blue with the white chest, but has a small tuft of fluff on his head. Can swedish ducks be crested?

Yep, any duck can be crested.

Congrats on your new babies!

I get to join this thread!!! :frow

In my previous picture, the one on the far right, just below the rooster, is crested. It's so cute. Post some pics of your babies, if you can.

Yes, there is a good possibility of Cayuga too. My sister-in-law has some, and they look very similar as babies!
Yes they do! As far as i can tell lol!

This is from yesterday - 4 weeks old: My roos were checking them out for the first time.
I ended up with almost completely black, to almost completely white, with 2 medium in between.

And this is the one on the back left above, at a day or 2 old. Its the one I thought looked most like yours.
They are very beautiful i must say! Aw yes it looks very similar to mine!

Anyone here able to sell/ship me some fertile decent quality swede eggs? I would prefer blue if possible as my hens are all black swedes of various quality. I have a hatchery here but they want $10 a duckling and I'd just like my ducks to hatch some out if possible I have 3 rouen hens and 5 swedes. Are either particularly broody?

Back
Top Bottom