SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
I have four Blue Swedish ducks and I was wondering when can you tell if they are a boy or girl. They are about 2 months old now. Can you tell by their voices now or is it too soon?

I thought only drakes had green bills? My sweedish is 7 weeks, but sometimes in the sun it looks like it might be getting dark green. I hope it's the sun and im over reacting.

Never heard that only males have green bills. I definitely have a female who's bill is green, so I think you were misinformed.

I have four Blue Swedish ducks and I was wondering when can you tell if they are a boy or girl. They are about 2 months old now. Can you tell by their voices now or is it too soon?

Girls will quack, boys peep a little softer. Girls can find their quack about any time. I think I had one as young as 3 weeks start quacking loudly. Here's a good link with comparison sounds and other ways to tell boy from girl.
http://www.majesticwaterfowl.org/artquacks.htm

Oh thank goodness! most every article I have read online says that drakes have green bills and ducks have the same color as their head. I love my duck. When we bought her she was the smallest one in the assorted duck bin and had wild silver hair. She reminded me of my grandma, so I named her Julia. In a few weeks she was bigger than all my ducks, so much for being a runt. I wish I had more sweedish, they are so beautiful.

Hey, i had a question. Do any of you notice any common genetic or health problems with Swedish ducks?? I got too with a group of others, and as babies they seemed ok, but now as they are 14 weeks old, and they are both smaller and weaker than the 3 others (a pekin, a golden, and a cayuga). Thier feathers are not coming in as fast, and they eat a lot (as much or more than the others) ad don't really gain weight. A few days ago i lost the black Swedish a few days ago, and really don't want to lose the blue. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Could be they are inbred and just weaker because of that. The ones I have are tough. I've only lost any because of a predator problem.

I recently acquired my 1st Blue Swedish ducks. Love 'em . :)
After getting some mix eggs to hatch, I looked up what she said her drake was, Blue Swedish. That's all it took. Couldn't even wait for mine to hatch, had to go get some from Wilco. Supposedly 2males, 2 females, all Blue.
Meanwhile my hatching eggs, Swedish & Cayuga or Runner mix, only resulted in 2. 1 black, 1 blue. Gender still up for debate.
Since I had Runner, possibly Cayuga mix before, when I got the eggs, I wasn't picky. Loved my Runners...I just wanted ducks again....Then I saw the Blues.... Now I want more!!!
Seeing as how I can't reproduce Blues with what I have, I am looking for some black & silver eggs or ducklings. I'm not against Runners, mind you, I would just like to breed a truer breed & I can't b sure with what I have that they aren't all sibs, except ones I hatched.
Soooo... Is there anyone here that has said birds or eggs to sell?

I recently acquired my 1st Blue Swedish ducks. Love 'em . :)
After getting some mix eggs to hatch, I looked up what she said her drake was, Blue Swedish. That's all it took. Couldn't even wait for mine to hatch, had to go get some from Wilco. Supposedly 2males, 2 females, all Blue.
Meanwhile my hatching eggs, Swedish & Cayuga or Runner mix, only resulted in 2. 1 black, 1 blue. Gender still up for debate.
Since I had Runner, possibly Cayuga mix before, when I got the eggs, I wasn't picky. Loved my Runners...I just wanted ducks again....Then I saw the Blues.... Now I want more!!!
Seeing as how I can't reproduce Blues with what I have, I am looking for some black & silver eggs or ducklings. I'm not against Runners, mind you,  I would just like to breed a truer breed & I can't b sure with what I have that they aren't all sibs, except ones I hatched.
 Soooo... Is there anyone here that has said birds or eggs to sell? 
I have a black drake-9 weeks that I need to sell.

I recently acquired my 1st Blue Swedish ducks. Love 'em . :)
Meanwhile my hatching eggs, Swedish & Cayuga or Runner mix, only resulted in 2. 1 black, 1 blue. Gender still up for debate.
Seeing as how I can't reproduce Blues with what I have, I am looking for some black & silver eggs or ducklings. I'm not against Runners, mind you, I would just like to breed a truer breed & I can't b sure with what I have that they aren't all sibs, except ones I hatched.
Soooo... Is there anyone here that has said birds or eggs to sell?
You may want to check http://www.metzerfarms.com/BlueSwed...ue Swedish&BirdType=Duck&ID=BS&CustID=5592514

Back
Top Bottom