SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's mixed between a blue Swedish and something else

Well we think our beautiful 10 week old blue sweedish Julia is in fact a drake. Soft quack. So yesterday we found a local breeder who sold us a one year old black sweedish and a silver sweedish ducks. Looks like in a few months we will do some breeding!

Well we think our beautiful 10 week old blue sweedish Julia is in fact a drake. Soft quack. So yesterday we found a local breeder who sold us a one year old black sweedish and a silver sweedish ducks. Looks like in a few months we will do some breeding!

Awesome!

I have 4 13-week olds and was easily sure that 2 were female very early. Loud girls lol. The other 2 are more quiet. One's bill started freckling as a female, but still soft quacking. Finally the other developed the drake feather last week and the quiet one is still straight, so at this point, I think I have 3 females, 1 male. But I'm still not positive on the soft quacker... even at 13 weeks!

So now we are having trouble with introducing our 2 new sweedish with our other 10 week old ducks. 8 are khakis and our blue sweedish and a runner. We also have the adult mom of the khakis. It seems about 3 of the khaki babies really are attacking the new adult ducks. We let them all out together during the day, but we can occasionally hear fighting. At night we have been putting the 2 new ones with our khaki mom in a separate area visible to the other ducks. How long will this last? What else should I do? I didn't think it would be this bad with introducing new adult ducks.

Can anyone tell me if my blue Swedish ducks are drake or hens? They are three months old now. I'm not quite sure I understand voice sexing yet. There is one who I think really has a curly tail and I think it's a drake but he is very quiet. The very light grey one is loud and makes high pitched sounds. The other two I think are drakes but they don't have a curly tail

My Swedish girls don't quack much, but they make a low thunking talking sound - I have never heard that from a drake either. Drakes sound like they are trying to quack but someone shoved a kazoo down their throat.

Back
Top Bottom