SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SWEDES ARE AWSOME
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif

I have three 10 week old Blue Swedish Ducks and cannot figure out the sex of them. They seem to be in the middle of a quack & rasp, no one has a curly tail and all are starting to get green irredecent feathers on their heads. They are all pretty talkative. We thought for sure one was a female . . . has always been very loud. Now that she/he is develping a few green feathers I'm wondering what I have!!

Thank you for any help you can give. I hear it is not good to have 2 drakes & a hen, so we are trying to figure things out a head of time so that we can find a good home for one.

I have three 10 week old Blue Swedish Ducks and cannot figure out the sex of them. They seem to be in the middle of a quack & rasp, no one has a curly tail and all are starting to get green irredecent feathers on their heads. They are all pretty talkative. We thought for sure one was a female . . . has always been very loud. Now that she/he is develping a few green feathers I'm wondering what I have!!

Thank you for any help you can give. I hear it is not good to have 2 drakes & a hen, so we are trying to figure things out a head of time so that we can find a good home for one.

The earliest sign is the loud female. Males are quiet. when you pick them up you can tell. I have seen females withgreen in them so I can't tell by that. The males generally get their curly tail around 3 months.

My blue swedish male doesn't have green at all. The earliest method is voice sexing. It's very clear who are boys and girls once their voices start changing. I was also worried about having 2 males and a female. I was told I could just seperate them during mating season. I plan on doing that. :)

Thank you for commenting on the green. I wasn't expecting green in any of them. I'm very good at spotting roosters early on but ducks are tricky . . . at least these are for me. :) I thought the quack would be easy but after listening to the voicing clip, my 3 sounded like the males . . .but louder and 2 out of 3 are very chatty. Since I only have 3 ducks I have nothing else to compare too. They are now 11 weeks, so getting closer to the curly feather. :)

Thank you for commenting on the green. I wasn't expecting green in any of them. I'm very good at spotting roosters early on but ducks are tricky . . . at least these are for me. :) I thought the quack would be easy but after listening to the voicing clip, my 3 sounded like the males . . .but louder and 2 out of 3 are very chatty. Since I only have 3 ducks I have nothing else to compare too. They are now 11 weeks, so getting closer to the curly feather. :)

Sounds like you may have all boys. :) bot a bad thing. As long as there are no females they will all get along. I had trouble in the beginning as well but as soon as my hen started quacking I could tell the difference. That's why I think yours are all boys. If there were a girl you would know it for sure lol.. :)

Back
Top Bottom