Swedish Flower Hen Thread

10 out of 17 hatched so far!!
YEA! Pictures Please! I need some cutness right now.

I just put 9 (out of 21) eggs into lockdown - I'm really hoping they all hatch.
fl.gif

I know SFH are notoriously hard to hatch but I was really hoping for better results. I meet the breeder 1/2 way on a 2 hour trip so the eggs didn't take the damage from being shipped but I'm wondering if the road trip took it's toll anyway. I ran an almost-dry incubation (25-35% humidity) at a perfect 99.5-100 deg with a 1-2 hour cooldown period on days 8-18.

YEA! Pictures Please! I need some cutness right now.

I just put 9 (out of 21) eggs into lockdown - I'm really hoping they all hatch. :fl

I know SFH are notoriously hard to hatch but I was really hoping for better results. I meet the breeder 1/2 way on a 2 hour trip so the eggs didn't take the damage from being shipped but I'm wondering if the road trip took it's toll anyway. I ran an almost-dry incubation (25-35% humidity) at a perfect 99.5-100 deg with a 1-2 hour cooldown period on days 8-18.

It sounds like you did everything right. I hope all 9 hatch. Wishing you the best. :pop :jumpy

Last edited:
Should I be concerned about this? I have 3 young hens, just reaching laying age. One is 3 weeks younger than the others. One started laying small eggs 3 days ago. I went out this morning to retrieve her egg and found 2 right next to each other. In the photo below you will see both eggs. The smaller one appears to not have a shell. I havnt cut into it to see what it actually is yet. I'm not sure which hens are actually laying yet. Or if both of these came out of the same hen.

Should I be concerned about this? I have 3 young hens, just reaching laying age. One is 3 weeks younger than the others. One started laying small eggs 3 days ago. I went out this morning to retrieve her egg and found 2 right next to each other. In the photo below you will see both eggs. The smaller one appears to not have a shell. I havnt cut into it to see what it actually is yet. I'm not sure which hens are actually laying yet. Or if both of these came out of the same hen.
Congrats on your new layers!
clap.gif
Since they are new layers, I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. It happens while the pullets' systems are working out the kinks in the egg-producing system. Just make sure they have plenty of calcium (crushed egg shells or oyster shell) available free choice.

Back
Top Bottom