Swedish Flower Hen Thread

I wish I could try both! Sadly I can only get one. Definitely leaning towards the SFHs though.
Good news is you have plenty of time to change your mind a bunch between now and then. My breed focus has changed so many times as I learn what I like and dislike.

Love feather footed look, hate it's reality! When they step in a poo it stays.
sickbyc.gif

Nothing bad to say about rocks... But I vote for SFH!

Best wishes!

I've heard both SFH and Cemani are had to hatch in an incubator, we have some silkies and I'm hoping they will hatch some out for us if the incubator doesn't work.

SFH are a bit more difficult to hatch but if you use the dry hatch method the hatch rate will be better. I have been getting 85% this spring & summer & we have had very strange weather. Warm in April cold in May & blazing hot since then.

He's pretty small compared to my welsummer roo and even my other sfh (which is crested) and they are all the same age. If it's a he then he's not acting like my other cockerels. When and how will they be a more accurate way of telling on the sfh? They seem to mature slower?

Any idea? its a sfh from greenfire.
What is the age? At 6 weeks old there are significant differences between my cockerels & pullets. I have 1 crested of each. A total of 5 girls and 3 boys.
Yes I am NPIP certified with the state of Ohio. I am also A1 clean. I follow the rules.
That is great! I am glad to hear it.
thumbsup.gif

I think I might try to get both here in Ca.... though I don't truly have intentions of hatching & selling/shipping. Is it profitable for you (barring the cost of initial stock & housing)?

What is the age? At 6 weeks old there are significant differences between my cockerels & pullets. I have 1 crested of each. A total of 5 girls and 3 boys.
That is great! I am glad to hear it. :thumbsup

I think I might try to get both here in Ca.... though I don't truly have intentions of hatching & selling/shipping. Is it profitable for you (barring the cost of initial stock & housing)?

I did it long before I began shipping stock. Wanted to make sure I had healthy chickens. My coops are built like Ft Knox. No predator loses in 4 years & we live in the country.

Back
Top Bottom