Swedish Flower Hen Thread

look forward to seeing them! :pop
Polka and Dot :love
20190805_135916.jpg

Hi everyone! I enjoyed looking at everyones pictures. We have one sweedish flower hen pullet that we got as a chick back in april. Here is a picture of tulip (my son picked her name)

Attachments

• 20190728_182455.jpg
    20190728_182455.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
Tulip is very pretty - are you sure she's a SFH? There's no breed standard for SFH but she looks like a speckled sussex ...

The lady we got them from only sells SFH, but yes she does have similar markings like a sussex. We got 3 chicks from her, all were different patterns. Tulip was the darkest of them. We would have kept the other 2, but they ended up being roos, and we couldn't keep them. They are all so different, one of the things I like about the breed.
20190617_212440.jpg

she's tame as well as pretty! Shame about the roos; flock dynamics determine my keeping or not of young cockerels, and I'm really, really hoping my young SF cock continues to behave in such a way that I can keep him...cos he's gorgeous!

Sure love seeing the photos of all of y'all's SFH's.

My two, Polka and Dot, seem slow to :confused:mature, but they sure are the sweetest and most tame of all my birds:D! I'm really learning to love these two. I've been slowly getting them used to the flock for the last 2 weeks, and am hoping to introduce them to the living quarters (the main coop) in the next week or so. Fingers crossed!
IMG952019081795191610925.jpg

The lady we got them from only sells SFH, but yes she does have similar markings like a sussex. We got 3 chicks from her, all were different patterns. Tulip was the darkest of them. We would have kept the other 2, but they ended up being roos, and we couldn't keep them. They are all so different, one of the things I like about the breed.
View attachment 1881976
Love the name Tulip:love

Another recent photo of Polka and Dot. They sure do look like they have big waddles and combs for their age and supposedly bring pullets. Any thoughts on whether they might be cockerels???

Attachments

• 20190904_134426.jpg
    20190904_134426.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 28

Back
Top Bottom