Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Well - the special needs chick didn't make it, but the 3 that made it through hypothermia are doing remarkably well! You can tell they have been eating as all 3 are covered in Fermented Feed - LOL!

Black

Yellow (Singing opera)

Red

So, so happy these little ones made it! Obviously they recovered from the tragedy much faster than I have.

Last edited:
20 day update: A new developement.

D'aw! Love the little crest coming in!

Well - the special needs chick didn't make it, but the 3 that made it through hypothermia are doing remarkably well! You can tell they have been eating as all 3 are covered in Fermented Feed - LOL!

Black

Yellow (Singing opera)

Red

So, so happy these little ones made it! Obviously they recovered from the tragedy much faster than I have.
Oh my goodness, they are gorgeous, fermented feed and all! I'm so glad they pulled through. I hope you recover from the ordeal soon. Best wishes to all of you!
hugs.gif

Congrats to everyone on babies, and Bulldogma....yikes! I'm so glad some made it!

A local BYcer won a lot of chicks off rareauctions.com and included in the shipment were some SFHs...and they are moving to my house tomorrow!

My month olds managed to survive me being gone for almost 4 days. Somehow. I came home and wasn't happy with how some of them looked. But they look fine now, and I'm never getting chicks before a trip ever again. Several have crests...too cute.

My broody is sitting firm! Eggs look good....fingers crossed on a hatch in a couple weeks. I never see her off the nest. Ever. She won't starve, will she? ( my logical sense is out the window when it comes to my critters).

Congrats to everyone on babies, and Bulldogma....yikes! I'm so glad some made it!

A local BYcer won a lot of chicks off rareauctions.com and included in the shipment were some SFHs...and they are moving to my house tomorrow!

My month olds managed to survive me being gone for almost 4 days. Somehow. I came home and wasn't happy with how some of them looked. But they look fine now, and I'm never getting chicks before a trip ever again. Several have crests...too cute.

My broody is sitting firm! Eggs look good....fingers crossed on a hatch in a couple weeks. I never see her off the nest. Ever. She won't starve, will she? ( my logical sense is out the window when it comes to my critters).

My white Silkie was the same way. I finally took two small bowls and put food and water where she could reach them from the nest. My black Silkie comes off the nest 2ce a day - perhaps a slightly smarter bird - LOL. All 5 of her eggs are looking good and are due starting tomorrow (though I've found SFH eggs need to be given up to 3 extra days - possibly even a little more. Broodys are the way to go, though! No worries about humidity or power outages!

Back
Top Bottom