Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Hi - new to the forum and to Swedish flower hens. We have 4 hens and 2 roosters, and are hoping to add more hens. We got them as hatchlings and they aren't quite 4 months old yet. Beautiful birds and fun personalities! I'll have to work on getting some pictures up.
We live in NV, just over the CA border, close to the Tahoe area.

Hi - new to the forum and to Swedish flower hens. We have 4 hens and 2 roosters, and are hoping to add more hens. We got them as hatchlings and they aren't quite 4 months old yet. Beautiful birds and fun personalities! I'll have to work on getting some pictures up.
welcome, can't wait to see your pictures.

Hi, welcome yo BYC!
frow.gif

I used to live in Susanville, about two hours from Reno... Seems like the highway went North from there to get home . Went through often when traveling south, very pretty area.

Sounds like you got a good start on your flock there! LOVE to see some pics.
thumbsup.gif

You could technically keep pullets that you hatch next spring.... Inbreeding isn't too much of a problem for chickens until you get several generations later. I am researching line breeding and will probably pursue, only bringing in new blood if needed.

Glad you found SFH and BYC. I think both are great!
smile.png

Thanks for the welcome! Yes it is a very pretty area here. We only have 4 hens, and 2 roosters. We'd like to have more hens for eggs, to keep the peace between the roosters (although they seem to do very well with each other), and for future breeding. We had a third rooster but found him a new home.
Here's a few pictures taken this morning of our crew.
This is Edna

Ester

Dot (she had one big dot on the top of her head as a chick)

Pete

Sissy, Sam and Ester

Welcome Sierra
Swedish Flower hens are so easy to fall in love with. I have been breeding them for 3.5 years & they are one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom