Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Yeah, I got my first SFH egg at 21 weeks, in November! :celebrate

Congrats! We got our first eggs last month (around that same age). We have continued to get eggs ever since then, small, but over a dozen now. They are always in the same nest box! I have only seen one of our girls in it for sure but I hope it's been more than just her taking turns with the same box maybe?
I spread out a couple eggs in other boxes to see if they would lay in others but it's a no go.
I can see that they go in the other boxes but will only actually lay in one. Too funny

Wow she is interesting! Never seen such a dark one. Here are mine.

My first girl Snocrocus

Her daughter Snodrop

Her other 2 daughters, I call them the twins

Congrats! We got our first eggs last month (around that same age). We have continued to get eggs ever since then, small, but over a dozen now. They are always in the same nest box! I have only seen one of our girls in it for sure but I hope it's been more than just her taking turns with the same box maybe?
I spread out a couple eggs in other boxes to see if they would lay in others but it's a no go.
I can see that they go in the other boxes but will only actually lay in one. Too funny
Oh good, I was hoping to hear how yours were coming along!
big_smile.png

My other girls are still checking out boxes as well.

Wow, maybe one of my girls is SL to. Gotta get a pic of my SL boy to share with you guys before he meets the freezer.

At first I didn't like him because he was a late bloomer by about 2 weeks. Then he pick up and surpassed all the other boys with the most beautiful waddles and beautiful coloring and stance! What a disappointment to find a sprig.
sad.png
And he is an effective breeder, hitting his mark from early on!

Out of my other boys, 3 are almost identical with subtle differences. One being crested.

Your guys' birds are beautiful!
love.gif
Love to see the pics.

Oh good, I was hoping to hear how yours were coming along! :D

My other girls are still checking out boxes as well.

Thanks! Glad yours are showing interest too
1f600.png

I wish I knew for sure if it was more than just one hen laying right now. Seems like a lot of strain on her so I hope someone else is sharing her box!

I will have to get with you this spring. I would love to have some of his eggs!

Here is my SL Roo
I can do that. In going to try to get some pics in the sun today. Depends on when I get home from work. He's a little flighty as he hasn't been handled until recently so I may have to hold onto him and take pics or he'll be gone and I'll be chicken hunting 14 acres :gig

here is one of the snoleopard pullets. She is in that funky juvie molt stage right now so not in top shape but so far no sprigs and wings look ok.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom