Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Cute chicks! Mine are now 12 weeks old, and I am wondering if anyone wants a roo? I have four extra roos, all very colorful. I can post pics of them, I sent some pics to Greenfire farms and they tell me conformation and color are very good. All my Swedish are friendly, docile also. I am located in SW PA, and these are NPIP. Thanks!

Cute chicks! Mine are now 12 weeks old, and I am wondering if anyone wants a roo? I have four extra roos, all very colorful. I can post pics of them, I sent some pics to Greenfire farms and they tell me conformation and color are very good. All my Swedish are friendly, docile also. I am located in SW PA, and these are NPIP. Thanks!

I kept three roos so I don't need more. I'd love to see pics though. I'm curious to see how much variety there is in the roosters as well as what conformation were to be looking for.

Wow. Wish you were closer. I had 3 chicks survive out of 15 eggs and they are all girls!!
Cute chicks! Mine are now 12 weeks old, and I am wondering if anyone wants a roo? I have four extra roos, all very colorful. I can post pics of them, I sent some pics to Greenfire farms and they tell me conformation and color are very good. All my Swedish are friendly, docile also. I am located in SW PA, and these are NPIP. Thanks!

I might be building them a bachelor pad....I've got one for my three other roos and it seems to work.

Nice looking boys. I was thinking of having a bachelor pad. Question for you, if I do that and occasionally put one of them in with the hens does it take a reintroduction period with the hens? Does it also take a reintroduction period when you return the rooster to the bachelor pen?

I had one little cockerel that I removed from the flock because I knew I'd be giving him away. After just a day of being separated from the flock I decided to go ahead and let him free range with the flock in the day, put him up at night. The other roosters acted like they'd never seen him before and were going at him. Of course, that's with a bunch of hens around.

I have little experience keeping roosters and have never kept a bachelor pen.​

I got way too many cockerels so my white and red crested SFH cockerel, Peanut, went in with my egg flock that includes a sweet little blue Ameraucana that has a lavender dad. I saved and incubated some of her pretty blue eggs and this is one of the chicks:

I was hoping to get beards, muffs AND crests and in this one, I did. Looks to be another little cockerel. He is 6 weeks old.

These are the parents:

Back
Top Bottom