Take a guess, golden laced wyandotte hen or roo

fedd2bbba4a95679863b8f33799a96e0.jpg
632049.jpg

you could try feather sexing it, I used that trick it worked for me :D
Note: feather sexing does not work on bantams
Feather sexing only works on certain hybrids or strains bred for the trait, whether they are bantam or large fowl. Feather sexing only works on day olds.

The bird in question looks like a cockerel to me because of the blotchy color pattern.

It's still too early to be sure. Some wyandottes are obviously male or female at that age but most aren't. Yours could still go either way. It's too early for sex-specific feathering. You can't judge their sex by patchy coloring at that age, especially when you are dealing with hatchery stock. Hatchery quality pullets often have incomplete lacing which can make them look very patchy when their feathers are growing in. If you see big pink wattles appearing in the next week or so, you have a male. Until then, no need to stress out about it.

That's a little relief! Thank you. I have six wyandottes.. Two silver laced single combs that have bigger wattles and are obvious Roos, they are shaped different than the other four and their backs have flatter stiffer colored/laced feathers going down to their tail, my other four are two golds that look like this one, one gold that is appearing to be female and has less color/ what color she has is more laced, and a silver that is the same. All four of these have a thicker bunch of soft all black feathers going down to the tail. Any meaning to that?

Here are some updates, going on 5-6 weeks old now. The first is my obvious SLW single comb roo, the marshal Rooster Cogburn! Handsome man!

Back
Top Bottom