Take another look at 9 weeks EE's and Wyandot

moodlymoo Here is #2 at about a week. The one up front.

104380_014.jpg

Quote:
Lemme go find it.
tongue.png

Here she is when I first got her, about 3 weeks old...
3796_img_0217.jpg

3796_img_0216.jpg

Here she is at 8 weeks. You can see a little of the brown.
3796_echo.jpg

Here you can see the very light brown in the lacing on her chest.
echo2.jpg

And here are 2 closeups so you can see a little clearer. You can also see the iridescent green on the black parts. So pretty.
smile.png

3796_img_0581.jpg

3796_img_0582.jpg

And just because I think she's gorgeous...
echo5a.jpg

Sorry if that's an overload.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I thought that at first glance, but if you look closer, they are rounder than a cockerels would be. Even the hackles are shaped round while the coloring is spiky looking. The face and head all say girl on that one too. Plus it is not pure, it has a single comb and she is a bit off in coloration, maybe the shade of gold or something just throws it off from standard a bit too much.

Quote:
I thought that at first glance, but if you look closer, they are rounder than a cockerels would be. Even the hackles are shaped round while the coloring is spiky looking. The face and head all say girl on that one too. Plus it is not pure, it has a single comb and she is a bit off in coloration, maybe the shade of gold or something just throws it off from standard a bit too much.

Yeah, you're right. But I will say that the single comb doesn't mean that she's not pure. It's just a genetic fault.

they all look like hens but i would watch the glw as i think i might see faint pointy saddle feathers but over all every other part of it looks like a hen

Back
Top Bottom