Tea Time.... Relax with us and have a cup of hot tea!

Quote: There would probably be some, but I doubt there would be very much leaching from the metal to a dry material like tea leaves. But yeah, lead got used in a lot of ways that might raise eyebrows now (pewter, for example, often contains a certain percentage of lead).

Last edited:
Quote: There would probably be some, but I doubt there would be very much leaching from the metal to a dry material like tea leaves. But yeah, lead got used in a lot of ways that might raise eyebrows now (pewter, for example, often contains a certain percentage of lead).

I remember reading that wine is the worst thing you could put in pewter, as the lead leaches into the wine.

HOT TIP for the HOT TEA drinkers...

In case you folks don't know, I am a coupon queen
smile.png

TODAY and TODAY ONLY ..... World Market has their Republic of Tea 50% off..
TODAY only... PLUS you can get an additional 10% off with the coupon code savebig10

This is a great time to stock up or buy xmas gifts if you are into the high end teas...

http://www.worldmarket.com/category...23:CJ&utm_source=3125087&utm_medium=affiliate

11/12/13 ONLY...

WORLD MARKET is having a problem with their web site. The teas are only available in the store.
The web site says they are available "Online" until you try to put them in the shopping cart and then they are unavailable...

BUMMER... I live over 30 miles one way from the nearest World Market, so it is not like I will be making a special trip...

BUMMER.... Bummer...

All plumbing was made of lead before the advent of plastics. I well remember seeing my father repair a lead water pipe which supplied the house. It was said that in hard water areas the pipes soon became lined with limescale that protected the supply to some extent. In areas of the country where water is soft and therefore there is no build up of limescale, lead must have indeed leached into the water supply. It is said that lead has a detrimental affect on the intellect, but the Romans used lead plumbing and I think we can agree that they were hardly intellectual slouches.

I just had the nastiest tea that I have ever drank.
It was so bad that I could not finish it. I just had to pour it out... Ugghh...

It was a Numi tea.

It was the Numi Camomile variety.
I couldn't get pass the smell. It was so herbal that I thought I was smelling cat nip or something else that I couldn't imagine drinking LOL...
Then when I sipped it... it just did nothing for me.

I thought I like Camomile, but I might be wrong... I will have to try it again with a different maker.

I did try the Numi Earl Gray and did not have a problem with it.
It reminds me of plain tea that you make ice tea, sweet ice tea.

Last edited:
[COLOR=800080]It was the Numi Camomile variety.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]I couldn't get pass the spell.  It was so herbal that I thought I was smelling cat nip or something else that I couldn't imagine drinking LOL...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]Then when I sipped it... it just did nothing for me.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]I thought I like Camomile,  but I might be wrong... I will have to try it again with a different maker.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=800080]I did try the Numi Earl Gray and did not have a problem with it.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]It reminds me of plain tea that you make ice tea, sweet ice tea.   [/COLOR]

Thanks for the heads up on that particular tea. I am not a fan of chamomile tea at all.

Back
Top Bottom