Teacher Hatching Q!

Anastar

Hatching
May 6, 2023
I am hatching chicks with my kindergarten class. I wanted to leave the incubator in my classroom the whole time, but I have no ability to change the room’s temperature and I arrived the first couple days to find the humidity very low.

I didn’t want to risk anything so I took the incubator home so I could keep an eye on the eggs and add warm water, a sponge etc to keep the humidity up.

Day 21 is supposed to be on Monday and I’m in a quandary. Will it absolutely ruin the chances of a healthy hatch to transport the incubator back to school??? Please help!

Just try your best. :hugs Handle things, gently, Try not to shake, upset the eggs any more than possible.
You may have some early arrivals also, Don't be surprised. As well are some late ones, and some that do not hatch at all.:(

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

Just try your best. :hugs Handle things, gently, Try not to shake, upset the eggs any more than possible.
You may have some early arrivals also, Don't be surprised. As well are some late ones, and some that do not hatch at all.:(

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome
Okay, so 3 hatched today!! Yay! The first arrived around noon and the third around 4. They all look pretty dry and fluffed up. Do I leave them in the incubator though until tomorrow?

Dry and fluffed is fine to move to brooder area. Though caution should be used as to not disrupt the humidity for the remaining ones that have pipped or zipped. Leaving them in is fine too. Shipped chicks are often 48 hrs old by the time of receiving.

Back
Top Bottom