Teacher in need of eggs to teach students life cycles

HH0611

Songster
7 Years
Mar 11, 2017
Marietta, Georgia
I am a second grade teacher who still wants to provide meaningful learning for my students, but still from my home. Every year I hatch chickens for them to see first hand the life cycle of a chicken. This year my kids got the short straw. With the coronavirus they are not going to be able to witness this awesome experience. I would like to still try and do this for them. I am looking for someone who is willing to donate eggs to me for my students. The biggest problem is with the Coronavirus I am uncomfortable coming to get them I am willing to help pay for shipping or whatever I need to do to get some eggs for my students. Any help is appreciated. :)

I am a second grade teacher who still wants to provide meaningful learning for my students, but still from my home. Every year I hatch chickens for them to see first hand the life cycle of a chicken. This year my kids got the short straw. With the coronavirus they are not going to be able to witness this awesome experience. I would like to still try and do this for them. I am looking for someone who is willing to donate eggs to me for my students. The biggest problem is with the Coronavirus I am uncomfortable coming to get them I am willing to help pay for shipping or whatever I need to do to get some eggs for my students. Any help is appreciated. :)
If you can't get someone from BYC, contact your Agricultural Extension Service. They're the agency that handles most of the in-classroom hatching programs. Ours will not only find eggs for us, but supplies the 'bators, brooders, bedding and feed.

If you have a Trader Joes in your area, they sell fertilized eggs (white, from Leghorns) for ~ $3/doz. The hatch rate may be lowered due to transportation and refrigeration, but I've heard of folk using these eggs to check hatch rates for newly set-up incubators.

you can also check facebook market place and craigslist to see if backyard chicken keeps are selling eggs. Ask if they have a roo, if they do your eggs should be fertilized.

Back
Top Bottom