Temp calibration.

cppeace

Crowing
8 Years
Jul 8, 2014
Lebanon, Mo
I have 3 thermometers, all of which hang between 98.5-100.5. I just ice tested and boil tested my sensitive meat probe thermometer. Ice bath it read 31.8 and my boil point should be about 209 it started boil 207.5 . meaning the mean adjustment should be around .85 of a degree.
It (at egg height) goes up to 99.1, meaning, if .85 under it would be at 99.95.
Does that math sound accurate? Would you leave temp there or adjust up 1 degree? The standard digital that seems accurate hangs between 99 and 99.5 at egg height between cycles. If I go up a degree it will hang between 100- 100.5.
I have a homemade forced air incubator.

Willow you seem to have missed the question entirely lol. He knows to keep temps at 99.5 although interestingly the last guide I read suggested 100.5 in first week, 100 in second week and 99.5 at the end. I think there is a bit of wiggle room of 1 degree either way resulting in a slightly late or early hatch but still within accetable levels, I think once temps are off by more than a degree either way you will start having serious problems.

Go with your accurate meter showing 99.5. Or maybe I should advise you go with your least accurate meter? You've done more than most checking the right temps.

One more thing you can check if you haven't already is to check all 4 corners with just the accurate meter, does it show the same everywhere after settling? If so then you should be good to go.

Thanks yeah the corners all have same temp. Since I can only adjust by whole degrees and not halves it's why I'm iffy. I think I'll leave it where it is for now.
That's interesting about the slight adjust in temp you read.

Back
Top Bottom