Tennessee

Anyone who lives in TN raise large fowl brahmas or cochins? I would also like to make some new friends I am in east Tn.

We are chicken newbies in Northwest TN. Never raised a chicken in my life but looking forward to it. I have been building my coop and run in between the rain ice and snow ( man this weather sucks). My hen house is a 10x9 and my run is 36 ft long x 9ft wide x 6ft tall. Not sure what breeds I want or need (I know....newbies....lol) I definitely look forward to picking your brains.

We are chicken newbies in Northwest TN. Never raised a chicken in my life but looking forward to it. I have been building my coop and run in between the rain ice and snow ( man this weather sucks). My hen house is a 10x9 and my run is 36 ft long x 9ft wide x 6ft tall. Not sure what breeds I want or need (I know....newbies....lol) I definitely look forward to picking your brains.

Well... there is a breeds link. Click it and on the left side you can pick out the specific qualities you want your chickens to have.

Here is the link:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/category/chicken-breeds

Awesome I see in your breeds listed you have some rare ones. How do you like the flower hens?
I just LOVE them! I like the fact that they are all different looking and are so calm. They are my flower children
lau.gif

Tennessee friends what does everyone plan on breeding this year?

just have what the predators left me to work with this year....blue splash maran roo, black copper maran roo, lavendar am roo, and an olive egger roo over 18 barred rock hens and one blue splash maran hen....I may separate the 2 blue splash marans or just see what I get with them all together....LOL

Quote: You will get sex links with the BR. The splash Marans roo will give you 100% blue sexlinks, the Copper Marans roo will give you 100% black sex links and if the Olive Egger roos is black her will give you 100% black sex links and so will the Lavender roo 100% black sex links. All the roos from that cross will have spots on their heads at hatch.

The Splash marans will breed true and give you 100% splash babies.

Back
Top Bottom