Tennessee

Hello and welcome from morristown, tri city, east tn, "smokey mountain"thread, area! I'm looking to talk to other chicken people so can maybe stop bothering fam and friends about (though they love the eggs, meat, and feathers). I keep bantam americana, and belgium D'Uccle. rehoming two dutch hens. i keep various types of pigeons, rehoming my Chinese owls. I keep muscovy ducks, and trying khaki Campbell ducklings currently (I've gotten addicted to scovy eggs!). Rehoming two silver dwarf bunnies. i keep a german shepherd, a rough collie, and an Australian cattle dog, who work as great LGDs. Last but not least i keep and breed mosquito fish for ponds as algae and bug control (i keep water gardens). i guess i just do some general all around hobby farming, not to leave out hopeful crops if weather ever decides to stay decent.

Newbie from the Music City! Just got my first chicks (Australorps) this week and they are growing fast!

Also, just a little FYI, we also are HUGE into beer brewing, so if any locals want in on some spent grain, definitely hit us up. I hear the chickens love it.
smile.png

Newbie from the Music City! Just got my first chicks (Australorps) this week and they are growing fast!

Also, just a little FYI, we also are HUGE into beer brewing, so if any locals want in on some spent grain, definitely hit us up. I hear the chickens love it.
smile.png

I would be interested in some spent grain and some unspent beer =)

Where are you? We're over off Wedgwood.

I used to get spent grains from BlackStone downtown. Chickens liked it and it helped with the feed bill for sure. I just don't have time to dry it so I am SOLELY on pellets now.
Wow, I had heard of some of the breweries sharing their spent grain, but hadn't met anyone who actually had the rumored chickens. Cool. :) I'm hoping to get a good process down in order to keep food costs low, especially since I'm buying the grains anyways. At least they would be doing double duty.

I would be interested in some spent grain and some unspent beer =)

Where are you? We're over off Wedgwood.
Hahaha....our unspent beer has certainly been a good way to make friends! Wedgewood isn't too far from us. I'm down there a lot thanks to Frugal MacDoogal and All Seasons. We're near Nippers Corner :)

Back
Top Bottom