Texas BYC Cafe

Now Miss Jellybean.....that has to be a motorbike!!

Lisa :)
Nope. A bicycle.
big_smile.png

My cake. :)

The kitchen was too warm so the job isn't what I would like it to be. I kept putting it and the frosting in the fridge but... I was impatient. Won't effect the flavor thought. ;)

My yard is 1/4 acre. If you think that is small please come and mow it for me. ;) :D I know some are small, but a lot of them are good sized. I'd rather be out a bit though where I could have more than a few hens. I think 5 acres of so would be great. :)
Exactly!
My cake. :) The kitchen was too warm so the job isn't what I would like it to be. I kept putting it and the frosting in the fridge but... I was impatient. Won't effect the flavor thought. ;)
Its beautiful!!!!! I love it! Mother in law took Ezra for a bit, so I had time to catch up on somecleaning AND..I went to the library! I found a great book :"The Field Guide to Chickens". It lists all the breeds and their characteristics. So excited to read it. Also got an encyclopedia of herbs and their uses. I really want to get my herb garden going, even if its just in pots! Lol

Look who came inside today: miss Eloise...
She was adament about laying in the laundry room again, but theres no ac in there and I really had to do laundry, which makes it hotter. I seriously thought she was going to have a heart attack because she was panting so hard.
I tried bringing her water, placing a bag of frozen mint on her side...I eventually just brought her in. Little devil lol

Look who came inside today: miss Eloise...
She was adament about laying in the laundry room again, but theres no ac in there and I really had to do laundry, which makes it hotter. I seriously thought she was going to have a heart attack because she was panting so hard.
I tried bringing her water, placing a bag of frozen mint on her side...I eventually just brought her in. Little devil lol

Miss Eloise: 1
Brookshire: 0

Lisa :)

Love the cake Ms JB!! Look sooo yummy! (I'm having a sweet attack today
tongue2.gif
). Love the chicken family. I'm a chicken collector. I found a couple of neat chickens at the shop the other day when I was doing some "going through". I'll have to post a pic of them for you.

Chickens make me happy too Lisa! I like to just sit and watch them when I go out to check on them. I have a big cooler that lost it's lid. I flip it over and Jack (my dog) and I sit and watch them.

My herb garden is doing pretty good. There are a few that may not make it. My sage, basel, mint, rosemary and a few others are doing really well. I had to trim some today and I put them in the nests. Made the whole coop smell good.

I rearranged the feeder today. I moved it further away from the waterer. I have a fan set up outside the coop since it's been so hot, and they needed more room to get up close to it. I also put down another layer of patio block to raise it up a bit and to keep them from digging under it so bad.

Before:

After:

They have more room to congregate in front of the fan. They do like to get in front of the fan! lol

My garden is still putting out. Slow, but steady. We had fresh green beans and tomatoes with supper tonight. Plan on fixing some boiled okra this week. If I want a fall garden, I'm going to have to pull my okra to plant one.

Look who came inside today: miss Eloise... She was adament about laying in the laundry room again, but theres no ac in there and I really had to do laundry, which makes it hotter. I seriously thought she was going to have a heart attack because she was panting so hard. I tried bringing her water, placing a bag of frozen mint on her side...I eventually just brought her in. Little devil lol
My cake. :) The kitchen was too warm so the job isn't what I would like it to be. I kept putting it and the frosting in the fridge but... I was impatient. Won't effect the flavor thought. ;)
I'm thinking I gained 10 lbs just looking at this!!!

Back
Top Bottom