Texas

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
aboard, Barry!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
BobTex the new guy! I am in Azle near Fort Worth.

Howdy ... y'all are about to get some really cold weather early next week.

Yes we are and strangely enough, I am looking forward to it this year.
tongue.png

Quote:
Only one bale? I see the drought was bad there too
big_smile.png
!

Where you at? I'm outside of Woodville.

Yeah, one bale .. I just buy hay to put in the rabbit cages and nest boxes. My horse isn't located on my property, so her hay is elsewhere .. lol

I'm just south of Richards - technically Montgomery.

Hey Yall, I'm in Huntsville, TX and getting ready for our first cold front. The weatherman says we will get rain and freezing temps. DH put a door with hinges on the bottom the the girls coop, and a nice warming light. The RIR's next door are already fixed up.Thumb:
Image:

Frosthazard - Do we have the same chickens, my silkies were getting soaked, and I ran out in the pouring rain to catch them & put them in their coop.
lau.gif

When I ran out there, my other girls followed and went into their run, so I closed the gate. 30 min later my hubby says, you did not get everyone. Two of my girls are soaked, feathers flat, walking around in the rain like they were taking a Sunday Stroll!
gig.gif

Oh Well, if you are not smart enough to get under the deck or even in the dry space under the stairs, you are on your own!

lol.png
you should have seen our yard, not only were all the chickens running around drenched but our golden retriever wouldn't get out of the rain either, she was out there walking around too. some of my chickens have never really seen rain before due to the drought, the dog on the other hand has no excuse!
gig.gif

Haha I have some that hatched this spring who never saw rain either till about a month or so ago. I call them "children of the drought" cause they don't like it at all! My older ones though just stroll around in the rain like there's nothing special going on.

Back
Top Bottom