Texas

It is nice having fresh eggs. I had to buy some today. I am waiting on two young cream legbar pullets to begin to lay. I have never had a breed that lays blue eggs. If it's not a pretty blue they will be rehomed and I will get more of my favorite breed, Buff Orpingtons

I'm on the Cream Legbar Pullet Eggwatch as well.
fl.gif

Mine are 20 weeks. How old are yours?

16-17 weeks (one is 17 weeks, the other two are 16 weeks). The waiting is killing me...

Some photos of my three (a week or two ago - they already look older today, they grow and change so fast).

Lissa:

Paula (the older one):

Jenny:

And I couldn't resist a baby picture of Paula with her little cowlick crest:

- Ant Farm

Grown peacocks go for a lot of $$$$.

Adult male peacocks here sell for about $150. Mine is a gorgeous Spalding and should sell for more but it can take a while unless they are being sold cheap. Problem is he is a pet and I feel obligated that he go to a good home. Good homes are hard to find and this one needs a situation he'll fit into. Most likely best scenario if for him to be penned for a while to learn his new home then released to free range with peahens and hopefully no more then one other peacock. I may just turn him loose here and see how it goes. I presently have 1 male free ranging. To be honest I have too many males so need to sell some.

I am in Ennis, approximately, 35 miles south of Dallas, where the polka festival is every may. I have 1 pig, 1 Rhode Island Red rooster, 3 Buff drakes, 3 Rhode Island Red hens, 4 Barred Rock pullets about old enough to start laying any-day, and then 3 Husky mix dogs. I am excited to to try my hand at farming on my own, for the first time with out my Dad's help. wish me luck!?!

I am in Ennis, approximately, 35 miles south of Dallas, where the polka festival is every may. I have 1 pig, 1 Rhode Island Red rooster, 3 Buff drakes, 3 Rhode Island Red hens, 4 Barred Rock pullets about old enough to start laying any-day, and then 3 Husky mix dogs. I am excited to  to try my hand at farming on my own, for the first time with out my Dad's help. wish me luck!?!

Good luck!!

I am in Ennis, approximately, 35 miles south of Dallas, where the polka festival is every may. I have 1 pig, 1 Rhode Island Red rooster, 3 Buff drakes, 3 Rhode Island Red hens, 4 Barred Rock pullets about old enough to start laying any-day, and then 3 Husky mix dogs. I am excited to to try my hand at farming on my own, for the first time with out my Dad's help. wish me luck!?!

Oooooh!!! Polka festival?! I have extremely fond (if slightly fuzzy) memories of a polka festival one summer in Michigan. I need to look that up - sounds like great fun!

- Ant Farm

frow.gif

We are from Harlingen, Texas, about 25 miles east of McAllen and 25 Miles West of Brownsville. Anyone here from the Rio Grande Valley?

We have 10 Plymouth Barred Rocks
6 Easter Eggers
3 Olive Eggers
5 Welsummers
4 Crested Cream Legbars

frow.gif

We are from Harlingen, Texas, about 25 miles east of McAllen and 25 Miles West of Brownsville. Anyone here from the Rio Grande Valley?

We have 10 Plymouth Barred Rocks
6 Easter Eggers
3 Olive Eggers
5 Welsummers
4 Crested Cream Legbars
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome from Quitman, Texas!!! You have a fun assortment!!! I can tell you are all about egg colors!!!
thumbsup.gif

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome from Quitman, Texas and GOOD LUCK!!!
fl.gif
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom