Texas

big_smile.png
Well, 12 out of 18 Chocolate Orpingtons have hatched so far. One out the batch is mottled. It seems like I get one mottled with every hatch.

I am tryin to remember who wanted Blue Americanas because I have 4 eggs so far I can put in the next hatch cycle.

Glad to see you reporting in.  I know you got it worse than we did.  That was some scary stuff!

Very! We heard a tornado but didn't see one. My father used to chase this weather n he said sounded like in was a funnel but haven't reached the ground yet. Boy did it sound like it was right next to us though. Was super scary.

Clean up and repair underway. I am letting the other eggs set until the end of today. 12 Orpingtons I suspect will be the final number (one was suffocated by one his fellow hatchlings affixing his egg shell over the PIP of the one next to him. Attempts to save it, failed. So, it appears we had a good hatch rate 12 out of 16 that would have been 13 if one had not had it's pip covered by and opened egg shell. Maybe more by the day's end, but I suspect not.

Very! We heard a tornado but didn't see one. My father used to chase this weather n he said sounded like in was a funnel but haven't reached the ground yet. Boy did it sound like it was right next to us though. Was super scary.
About 10 years ago I lived in Del Valle and there was a tornado that crossed William Cannon near 35. It did lots of damage. But I was watching the weather radar during the storm when something started hitting the roof. Turns out it was the debris cloud from the tornado. Has to have been at least 10 miles away from the actual tornado. Very scary.

Glad you only heard it and it did not touch down.

Just got the 5th Blue Americana egg, that I plan on setting in the incubator today, only with some more Chocolate Opringtions. I am toying with doing to Black Copper Marans if there is any interest.

O wow! That's just too scary. I saw a lot of damage in Del Valle on the news. SO happy you all are safe.

About 10 years ago I lived in Del Valle and there was a tornado that crossed William Cannon near 35. It did lots of damage. But I was watching the weather radar during the storm when something started hitting the roof. Turns out it was the debris cloud from the tornado. Has to have been at least 10 miles away from the actual tornado. Very scary.

Glad you only heard it and it did not touch down.

Thank you! I feel for all those in its path and hope every one is ok! Homes and property can be replaced, your family and friends you cant!
O wow!  That's just too scary.  I saw a lot of damage in Del Valle on the news.  SO happy you all are safe.

So am i, yeah it's nuts!

Back
Top Bottom