Texas

Thanks Shesaredroan, I try to help when i can. Plus having recently suffered the effects of chicken math, i've had some practice on a few of my own (coop, then a replacement coop for more birds, then a brooder...then a larger brooder for more birds, you get the idea). Practice makes perfect.

Welcome new members. Learn as much as you can here. Lots of information and lots of good people on here to help you out. Don't be afraid to ask

I'm feeling the heat wave. I make a trip up north to South Dakota every summer, and its already hotter than it has ever reached while i've been there, and thats in June.

Last year was my first summer with chickens (in Houston) and I was panicked over the heat. I put up shade cloth on the top and west side of the run (eastern side is solid fencing). I put a mister (cheap freestanding one from Home Depot) in the run and then added an electric fan outside the run blowing in (covered with a tarp that funneled the air into the run and also protected everything from the rain (as if we got any)). Then I added a mister in front of the fan. I made this mister by shoving metal misting nozzles into black tubing and just stretching it in front of the fan. By the time I was done, the coop was the best place to stay, so I dragged a chair in there and spent time with the girls just chillin.

Last year was my first summer with chickens (in Houston) and I was panicked over the heat. I put up shade cloth on the top and west side of the run (eastern side is solid fencing). I put a mister (cheap freestanding one from Home Depot) in the run and then added an electric fan outside the run blowing in (covered with a tarp that funneled the air into the run and also protected everything from the rain (as if we got any)). Then I added a mister in front of the fan. I made this mister by shoving metal misting nozzles into black tubing and just stretching it in front of the fan.
By the time I was done, the coop was the best place to stay, so I dragged a chair in there and spent time with the girls just chillin.
yuckyuck.gif
Way to go abkline!!

Won 1st place and Best in Variety for my Blue Maran hen and 1st place and 1st place and Reserve in Variety for my Blue Copper hen!!! And everyone there was so friendly and helpful, which made the trip even more rewarding. Can't wait for the season to start again.

Congrats! I can't wait to get back into show shape with my birds.

Won 1st place and Best in Variety for my Blue Maran hen and 1st place and 1st place and Reserve in Variety for my Blue Copper hen!!! And everyone there was so friendly and helpful, which made the trip even more rewarding. Can't wait for the season to start again.

Way to GO Vicki!!! Sounds like you and your birds really 'cleaned up' at the show. Glad to hear you GOOD NEWS.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom