Texas

Hi KikisGirls again ... so here is the secret.

For the broth:
You can cheat by using Chicken Broth. But the best way is to cook a chicken to get the broth and the meat. Slow cook for 1-2 hours. I normally put in some fish sauce and a little sugar. But the secret is ...adding a big piece of ginger to the broth. This will make a different taste. Then for the last 20 mins, add the soup flavor bag to the broth (picture below). This soup bag will create the smell of Pho immediately. They premix the ingredient and place inside a cloth bag for dipping convenient. The main ingredients they put in are "cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, fennel leaves etc" .The brand "Pho Hoa Pasteur" is the best. This is on sale in the Oriental store, mostly at the Spice section. After 20 mins soaking in the broth, pull this bag out and discard. Leaving it in the broth, when you scoop the broth, it may break out.

For the noodle:
"Banh Pho" is the official name for this type of Rice Stick. There are several brands in Oriental store; the "wet or fresh" type is the best. For the dry type, I prefer the "Nha Trang bamboo" or the" Double Horses" brand (picture). This is on sale in Oriental store, mostly in the Noodle section. There are Small to XL size, I like the XL size, but my wife likes S ...(time to flip a coin and let Him decides.) Just boil a big pot of water, then put them in for a few minutes, keep stirring. Then pour them in a basket, rinse with water. Then it is ready to serve.

When serving, place the noodle in a bowl, pre-warm them up in microwave for a minute. Then pour the hot boiling broth over. Place in a few slides of chicken (cut to thumb size). Place some basil leaves, cilantro, bean threads, a little chopped green onion, squeeze in some lime juice and serve some hoisin sauce with chili sauce. Voila .. bon appetite

PS: Don't forget to call Lisa over ... to try first. Once she is ok... we all will come over.

I can not thank you enough for this!!!!!!! I am going to be printing these pictures and taking them with me to the market!
I am so excited!
THANK YOU!!!!!

Hi KikisGirls again ... so here is the secret. For the broth: You can cheat by using Chicken Broth. But the best way is to cook a chicken to get the broth and the meat. Slow cook for 1-2 hours. I normally put in some fish sauce and a little sugar. But the secret is ...adding a big piece of ginger to the broth. This will make a different taste. Then for the last 20 mins, add the soup flavor bag to the broth (picture below). This soup bag will create the smell of Pho immediately. They premix the ingredient and place inside a cloth bag for dipping convenient. The main ingredients they put in are "cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, fennel leaves etc" .The brand "Pho Hoa Pasteur" is the best. This is on sale in the Oriental store, mostly at the Spice section. After 20 mins soaking in the broth, pull this bag out and discard. Leaving it in the broth, when you scoop the broth, it may break out. Thank you for sharing the recipe Hung. For the noodle: "Banh Pho" is the official name for this type of Rice Stick. There are several brands in Oriental store; the "wet or fresh" type is the best. For the dry type, I prefer the "Nha Trang bamboo" or the" Double Horses" brand (picture). This is on sale in Oriental store, mostly in the Noodle section. There are Small to XL size, I like the XL size, but my wife likes S ...(time to flip a coin and let Him decides.) Just boil a big pot of water, then put them in for a few minutes, keep stirring. Then pour them in a basket, rinse with water. Then it is ready to serve. When serving, place the noodle in a bowl, pre-warm them up in microwave for a minute. Then pour the hot boiling broth over. Place in a few slides of chicken (cut to thumb size). Place some basil leaves, cilantro, bean threads, a little chopped green onion, squeeze in some lime juice and serve some hoisin sauce with chili sauce. Voila .. bon appetite PS: Don't forget to call Lisa over ... to try first. Once she is ok... we all will come over.

My replies end up in the middle of the posts. ??????

Rooster, I was in the house of my dreams, perfectly content, but my husband was not. When this house was presented to him he had to have it. Like I said, it has been wonderful living here. When family would come visit we had plenty of room. They came often to visit Mom in her golden years. It is just too much for us to keep up with. Since we are downsizing and since we have just both dealt with aging parents the smart thing for us to do go as low maintenance as we can and convenient to our kids and grandkids.
I did not know you had MS. Sorry for your struggles. Do not drink any diet sodas.

Ren 2014

Our pool is really low maintenance, our neighbor who just last year died of cancer built it and he did it right. I have built a pool before and the comparison in materials used was really apparent.

Can you all recommend a hatchery where I can order sexed bantams? I cannot chance more roosters. Lol
I'm in northeast Texas.
Do not order from Ideal in Cameron. You may get the correct sex but you probably won't get the breed that you ordered.

I ordered 5 ducks from them, they were SUPPOSED to be 1 Pekin, 2 Cayuga and 2 Blue Swedish, all hens, oh yes, and I stressed NO crested birds; what I got was: 1 Jumbo Pekin (boy is she big!!!), 2 CRESTED Cayuga and 2 BLACK Swedish, I guess I should be glad they got the sex right, LOL. Oh well, they are only pets and I do enjoy them.

Can you all recommend a hatchery where I can order sexed bantams? I cannot chance more roosters. Lol

I'm in northeast Texas.

Do not order from Ideal in Cameron. You may get the correct sex but you probably won't get the breed that you ordered.

I ordered 5 ducks from them, they were SUPPOSED to be 1 Pekin, 2 Cayuga and 2 Blue Swedish, all hens, oh yes, and I stressed NO crested birds; what I got was: 1 Jumbo Pekin (boy is she big!!!), 2 CRESTED Cayuga and 2 BLACK Swedish, I guess I should be glad they got the sex right, LOL.  Oh well, they are only pets and I do enjoy them.
Hmmm... On the website it says they they may include crested ducks in your order and when you order Swedish is says
"blue variety ordered from Ideal Poultry may include black, blue or splash chicks.

Crested Blue Swedish could possibly be included with your order."

It's a bummer when you don't get the animals you were wanting though. My biggest gripe with Ideal is that they will send lots of male packing peanuts unless you pick up in person or specifically check not to add them.

Back
Top Bottom