Texas

We got 1" yesterday and another inch today. I am happy with it. :)

We went out to Needville to my mom's on Sunday.
She had some serious cracks in her land.

And they caught..more like killed an 8 foot rattle snake!

I though you gone to fill them up with water so your ducks can enjoy some medley races.
We are ready for the races
big_smile.png

Howdy Y'all. I am in the big town of Little Elm, and my chickens are up the road at our new property in Aubrey. If you are wondering we are north of DFW. I am new to chicken keeping and am loving every minute of it... Have a great day!
welcome-byc.gif

I have a lot of different kinds. 10 Silky, 5 Americana,and to be honest I really don't know what all I have. Got most of them in trade for work that my husband and I did. Will take a picture and post it tomorrow. 1 breeding pair of Royal Palm turkeys and 3 ducklings that were given to us with no id of what they are. Right now we are just having a lot of fun with them. We have about 3 acres and they are free range. Luckily our neighbors don't mind the free pest control. I lived in Dallas growing up, moved to Houston to go to U of H, transferred to UNT in Denton my senior year and stayed around the Metroplex the rest of my life. I am a city girl that is learning that country living is the best way to live. I am at peace when I am up in Aubrey and away from all the rushing around of the city.

I have a lot of different kinds. 10 Silky, 5 Americana,and to be honest I really don't know what all I have. Got most of them in trade for work that my husband and I did. Will take a picture and post it tomorrow. 1 breeding pair of Royal Palm turkeys and 3 ducklings that were given to us with no id of what they are. Right now we are just having a lot of fun with them. We have about 3 acres and they are free range. Luckily our neighbors don't mind the free pest control. I lived in Dallas growing up, moved to Houston to go to U of H, transferred to UNT in Denton my senior year and stayed around the Metroplex the rest of my life. I am a city girl that is learning that country living is the best way to live. I am at peace when I am up in Aubrey and away from all the rushing around of the city.

I think we all learn that the "country living" is best TOO LATE in life.
If I only believed it was the way to go 20 years ago..I would have a ton of land and animals by now.
(Land was way cheaper back then)

Completely agree. If I would have had any sort of a brain back when I was 20 years younger I would be so far ahead right now that life would be an walk in the woods. What I find funny is that when I was a kid going to my Grandma's in Sherman, I had no idea that I one day would be doing the same thing on a daily basis that she was doing. Gathering eggs, watering and feeding the chickens, locking them up at night and waking up with them in the morning, if you would have told me that this is what I looked forward to I would have run away as fast as I could. I guess you just have to do a little growing up before you know the good things in life.

On the old "if I knew then what I know now" thought. 50 years ago, when I was 18, we lived in Austin. There was a company that was selling land out in the country for 50 dollars down and 50 dollars a month per acre, total cost 500 dollars per acre. I actually gave it a thought and went out to look. It was all hills and limestone. You would need to blast just to set a foundation and probably little would grow on it. Plus, it was such a drive out of town. Well that is now Northwest Hills and you would be lucky to find an acre available for less than a million bucks probably.

Completely agree. If I would have had any sort of a brain back when I was 20 years younger I would be so far ahead right now that life would be an walk in the woods. What I find funny is that when I was a kid going to my Grandma's in Sherman, I had no idea that I one day would be doing the same thing on a daily basis that she was doing. Gathering eggs, watering and feeding the chickens, locking them up at night and waking up with them in the morning, if you would have told me that this is what I looked forward to I would have run away as fast as I could. I guess you just have to do a little growing up before you know the good things in life.
Funny how that works, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom