Texas

Completely agree. If I would have had any sort of a brain back when I was 20 years younger I would be so far ahead right now that life would be an walk in the woods. What I find funny is that when I was a kid going to my Grandma's in Sherman, I had no idea that I one day would be doing the same thing on a daily basis that she was doing. Gathering eggs, watering and feeding the chickens, locking them up at night and waking up with them in the morning, if you would have told me that this is what I looked forward to I would have run away as fast as I could. I guess you just have to do a little growing up before you know the good things in life.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

I totally agree!!
1f603.png

I was outside today, trying to decide where to move our dog kennels around. We still need to build two new coops to go inside them, but we were discussing coops ideas,...I made the comment it would be nice to merge the two dog kennels together, and he made the comment that if we put shade cloth on one, it would make it "movable" which would be nice to move the chickens around in, during the daytime, with 100% protection from predators... so he's sold me on the idea.

i look over, and my daughter is carrying both of her cochins (including the rooster) under her arms like footballs, and taking them for a walk in the goat pen. Neither of them seem distressed, but she's talking to them like they are baby dolls, and telling them what good chickens they are, and she was telling "biteR" the rooster, that she's going to hatch some babies for him and She'll be a good chicken mommy to them. hahaha....

Man, chickens sure put up with a lot. :hmm

(my husband wants a movable day-coop to get the chickens to mow the grass for him - and he may throw a small pygmy goat in with them for good measure? LOL)

Last edited:
I was outside today, trying to decide where to move our dog kennels around. We still need to build two new coops to go inside them, but we were discussing coops ideas,...I made the comment it would be nice to merge the two dog kennels together, and he made the comment that if we put shade cloth on one, it would make it "movable" which would be nice to move the chickens around in, during the daytime, with 100% protection from predators... so he's sold me on the idea.

i look over, and my daughter is carrying both of her cochins (including the rooster) under her arms like footballs, and taking them for a walk in the goat pen. Neither of them seem distressed, but she's talking to them like they are baby dolls, and telling them what good chickens they are, and she was telling "biteR" the rooster, that she's going to hatch some babies for him and She'll be a good chicken mommy to them. hahaha....

Man, chickens sure put up with a lot. :hmm

(my husband wants a movable day-coop to get the chickens to mow the grass for him - and he may throw a small pygmy goat in with them for good measure? LOL)

We really need pictures of your daughter carrying the chickens around. That is cute!

We really need pictures of your daughter carrying the chickens around. That is cute!

These are our new "coops" we are working on setting up (still need to build a little brooder box/shelter/nesting bars)

the light silver one is the one he wants to make "movable" - the black one will be their "coop" area, and we'll let them forage using the other one.

These are our new "coops" we are working on setting up (still need to build a little brooder box/shelter/nesting bars)

the light silver one is the one he wants to make "movable" - the black one will be their "coop" area, and we'll let them forage using the other one.

She is a beautiful little girl! Does she have natural curly hair?

She is a beautiful little girl! Does she have natural curly hair?
X2 -- such a cute picture. You need to save that for when she is grown. Sounds like you really have your hands full.

Your DH has a good idea about moving the coops. The floor of anything I put chicken enclosure over gets bare in about 2-weeks. Some of mine are moveable and some arent. The ones that aren't, werwe originally set up in the best grass in the back yard and now they are sand pits for the most part (or mud pits when it rains)

X2 -- such a cute picture. You need to save that for when she is grown. Sounds like you really have your hands full.

Your DH has a good idea about moving the coops. The floor of anything I put chicken enclosure over gets bare in about 2-weeks. Some of mine are moveable and some arent. The ones that aren't, werwe originally set up in the best grass in the back yard and now they are sand pits for the most part (or mud pits when it rains)
Yeah, we figured that out after throwing them into our goat pen. That goat area originally had 3 foot tall hay growing in it. LOL

On the old "if I knew then what I know now" thought. 50 years ago, when I was 18, we lived in Austin. There was a company that was selling land out in the country for 50 dollars down and 50 dollars a month per acre, total cost 500 dollars per acre. I actually gave it a thought and went out to look. It was all hills and limestone. You would need to blast just to set a foundation and probably little would grow on it. Plus, it was such a drive out of town. Well that is now Northwest Hills and you would be lucky to find an acre available for less than a million bucks probably.
ep.gif

Soooooo precious! She is beautiful and STYLISH! Love the pink boots
smile.png

I'm sure this has been shared before but it's so fitting!

LOL

Back
Top Bottom