Texas

Sad past 2 weeks! All of a sudden my jumbo pekin (about 5 months old) disappeared. 2 days later one of my cayugas disappeared, the game camera wasn't catching anything. We moved the camera and got a hit, a coyote! I started penning the ducks up but had to let them out to clean their enclosure, while they were out it snatched my other Cayuga. Last night the game camera picked up a bobcat!!! So now I have 2 predators after the ducks! This morning I go out and one of the Black Swedish ducks is almost dead. She can't walk, not eating or drinking. I have her separated, but I don't hold out much hope! So....I am down to one Black Swedish duck (5 months old) and 2 adult Pekins (2 years old)! What a bummer!!!!

Nothing sadder than a chicken yard without chickens.
A chicken yard without chickens is like a horse barn without horses. So sorry you lost your two girls.
hugs.gif
Hopefully once you get moved (or decide to stay where you are) you will be able to get more chickens.

I'm not able to get another horse for my empty barn, so I put chickens in it instead.

Sad past 2 weeks! All of a sudden my jumbo pekin (about 5 months old) disappeared. 2 days later one of my cayugas disappeared, the game camera wasn't catching anything. We moved the camera and got a hit, a coyote! I started penning the ducks up but had to let them out to clean their enclosure, while they were out it snatched my other Cayuga. Last night the game camera picked up a bobcat!!! So now I have 2 predators after the ducks! This morning I go out and one of the Black Swedish ducks is almost dead. She can't walk, not eating or drinking. I have her separated, but I don't hold out much hope! So....I am down to one Black Swedish duck (5 months old) and 2 adult Pekins (2 years old)! What a bummer!!!!

Mandy, I am sorry for your loss. Hopefully you can kill the predators!

hugs.gif
So sorry to read this. I hope you get those predators real soon
fl.gif

Mandy, I am sorry for your loss. Hopefully you can kill the predators!
Working on it, my husband is back on the porch trying to get either of them. But the bobcat comes in so late, I doubt that we will get it. So far it doesn't seem to be doing any harm, but I am sure it will given enough time. The coyote only struck in the afternoon.

It's terrible seeing the duck down, but she is still with us. I have given her electrolytes and a little feed. So far I don't think that she is eating. She is drinking. We'll see tomorrow.

Hello all! I'm from a small town named Castroville, just west of San Antonio. Just dealing with all the rain right now, but my girls are troopers! Looking forward to meeting local people to share chickens, eggs or anything!
D.gif

Sorry for your losses. My game camera never would pick up the different predators I had come around throughout the years. When I think of what could be out there I cringe. I was out watching the meteor shower at about 2 a.m. when I heard a sort of low growl. I think it only took me two seconds to get my behind into the house.

Hello all! I'm from a small town named Castroville, just west of San Antonio. Just dealing with all the rain right now, but my girls are troopers! Looking forward to meeting local people to share chickens, eggs or anything!
D.gif
frow.gif
Welcome from Rosenberg! What kind of chickens are you raising? (We love pictures!)

Sorry for your losses. My game camera never would pick up the different predators I had come around throughout the years. When I think of what could be out there I cringe. I was out watching the meteor shower at about 2 a.m. when I heard a sort of low growl. I think it only took me two seconds to get my behind into the house.

YIKES!!! I am glad you heard the growl. I have a bad habit of going outside without my cochlear implant on. If you don't hear from me, you will know what has happened.
ep.gif

Talking about predator, last weekend I re-arranged my yard, moving the cages to a better area, higher and shady. That's when I re-tied the Nite Guard which I bought 2 years ago. Well, I just found out half of them already went dead, not blinking at night any more. I had to order some new one for replacement. After I placed my order, I found out, with the same price, there are similar items. These items have more lights, hopefully if 1 dead, others still light up, then these items must be better than the Nite Guard, longer life. Check out 2 links below. Does anyone here use these?

https://www.amazon.com/Albrillo-Cou...1471959712&sr=1-1&keywords=Albrillo+Courtyard

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...0_204851260_pd_te_s_gc_ti/157-7653147-7911857

PS1: Lisa, does your skunk growl ... Lisa, Lisa .... can you hear me

PS2: @ KittyTeer ... welcome abroad, I'm from Austin

Back
Top Bottom