Texas

The SO and I moved from Nacogdoches about 3 months ago. It was a great place but 3 years in an HOA that didn't allow chickens, ugh. Now I'm in Lorena, near Waco, with my 4 hens and loving it. I got lucky and my parents gifted them to us from their flock of 17. We are in the process of building a bigger coop, silly chicken math, need more fluffy butts...

The SO and I moved from Nacogdoches about 3 months ago. It was a great place but 3 years in an HOA that didn't allow chickens, ugh. Now I'm in Lorena, near Waco, with my 4 hens and loving it. I got lucky and my parents gifted them to us from their flock of 17. We are in the process of building a bigger coop, silly chicken math, need more fluffy butts...How far is Loren a

How far is Lorena from Waco. My folks were considering around that area because of the VA hospital and my dad is a Vietnam Vet.

Well my 16 yr old went to tsc to get a feeder and came back with it and 6 adorable new chicks! 5 bantams and one Minorca. I'm totally in love with them already :)
This brings our grand total to 14 chickens including our 1 yr olds! Still not enough...

Well my 16 yr old went to tsc to get a feeder and came back with it and 6 adorable new chicks! 5 bantams and one Minorca. I'm totally in love with them already :)
This brings our grand total to 14 chickens including our 1 yr olds! Still not enough...
That is called Chicken Math. :)

When I was a youngster, I got on a all year long hunting lease in Fredricksburg. My good friend got me on it, who father and all his buddies started it. That was 40-years ago, and the father and his friends already had it for 40-years. After our children got out of college, and got established, I tried to get back on it, to hunt turkeys, but I didn't get it. I have many fond memories of the hill country. We bought our farm to build a home on it, and tear down the house that was here. But after we got it we just remodeled the existing house for inlaws, and family to come stay. My wife was a ranchers daughter, and I thought I had rather be a rancher, than a contractor. Turned out my wife didn't want anymore animals, it was a bait and switch. She got off the ranch and our home is in town, only 6-miles away. Here it is 9pm, and she just left after I had bar-b-qued store bought chickens, and here I sit with my dog, cat sleeping in the enclosed barn, and I got traps out for racoons, they have been harassing my cats, they just killed one this week. I told her I would be home at 10. She said why so late, my reply as always, I love it out here.

Now, I have had a couple of glasses of red wine before dinner, and I thought I was replying to folks who just moved to Fredricksburg, TX.. I'm getting to old to be playing with these new computers, but like to type, espicially with a spell checker

No one warned me about how addicting the baby cutness is! I've been up to the feed store more often than usual since I got the 27 chicks two and a half weeks ago. Today I couldn't say no to the ducklings any longer. I told myself I was only going to get two but there were only three left, I just couldn't leave one duckling sad and alone. I've also collected chicken rain boots, a chicken decal for my cup, and chicken planters for my herbs, now my friends are calling me the "crazy chicken lady". Loving all of these little babies!

Hello yall,
I am from lubbock Texas and am fairly new to the world of owning chickens but am already addicted. My husband and I are trying to become completely self sufficient and have many animals on our farm but my chickens are my favorite. My goal is to have a few of several of my favorite breeds. I am still learning and have lots and lots of questions that I am hoping yall can answer. Can't wait to meet everyone!!!!

Back
Top Bottom