Texas

Fort Worth resident here. I currently have two RIR hens who've been an absolute joy to have around ever since I raised them from chicks starting in 2013, but unfortunately my chicken owning days might be drawing to a close. :(

A naive question, but are there any chicken rescues/sanctuaries in the area?

Fort Worth resident here. I currently have two RIR hens who've been an absolute joy to have around ever since I raised them from chicks starting in 2013, but unfortunately my chicken owning days might be drawing to a close. :(

Hello and sorry to hear you're drawing down. Be sure to post in thehttp://www.backyardchickens.com/t/568958/dallas-fort-worth-area-chicks-laying-hens-breeders-thread or, I would contact the local humane society and ask them. Good luck.

Occasionally Sally updates the thread with what's new for each hatcher and some of the contributers (like me). Three of us (myself included) are in the middle of coop expansions while the majority are hatching. For those of us who can't keep up on the thread someone posts a recap or update on what's gone on in the past few pages of posts.

Good to know. I didn't know this when I was subscribed to it. I will subscribe again.

Here is a post that might benefit both of you read the next one.
May even be able to arrange transportation through good people here if you cant do pick up or delivery.

ok so i know this is an off question... but... i promised i would ask....
i am going to be doing some volunteer work for a therapy group that deals with special needs kids. i will be working on their horses and goats. they would like to have chickens and rabbits as well for those that want to have a calm place to sit and pet the fluffies... i no longer have any of my animals and if i did i would give them up to them since im no longer in a place that i can keep livestock... if at any time anyone has a chicken or rabbit they want to donate to have a forever home and not have the worry of it being eaten this is the place! it is called halter inc. its on the book of face under halter inc i will be rebuilding their coop and runs and will be finding a breeder of sumatra that i can work with so i can live vicariously thru them! lol i will be doing most of the work with the birds and small animals until i find a new job... just thought id put it out there... feel free to ask questions... i can find out any and all answers if i dont have them...

If you're hatching, Miss Sally Sunshine has a thread going about incubation and such if you have questions.

INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come hatch, learn, Chat, Meet new Friends!

Dont forget she also has a notes page.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

I hope it works out for you both!

Here is a post that might benefit both of you read the next one.
May even be able to arrange transportation through good people here if you cant do pick up or delivery.
Didn't know about that link! Thanks for posting.

Good to know. I didn't know this when I was subscribed to it. I will subscribe again.
Yeah you can also ask and usually someone will update you on what's happened. You can usually check the beginning of the thread too from the looks of things, but I could be wrong...

Back
Top Bottom