Texas

They are everywhere. The Shop, the side of the house, the truck, the gate. But around the chicken pens they disappear.

They are everywhere. The Shop, the side of the house, the truck, the gate. But around the chicken pens they disappear.
OH -- lightbulb goes on -- so that's what those things are. I see them everywhere - but didn't know that they were walnut worms -- so they look like this guy? Just noticed three crawling on the door outside this morning:

Yep they must be just getting started ' cause usually they are bigger than this little guy - and they are everywhere....

Anyone else dealing with these darn walnut worms. My barnyard mix of laying hens we use for eggs are out with Lucky the Rooster. I hope they eat their weight in worms. Darn things are everywhere. Park under a tree, and they try and turn your truck into a cocoon. I keep my various breeds in different chicken houses. I can only let one free range at a time, or there will be one heck of a cock fight, as each pen as roosters to keep the eggs fertile and girls happy.
We free-range our birds, and I don't see many bugs.... Thank god, I hate bugs. I moved my silkies dog crate they sleep in out in their pen and they ate all the little rolly polly bugs that were under it. They were having fun. they didn't even touch their feed. haha

I order some bantam frizzled cochins from Ideal Hatchery. They are cute little things. I only got five. They are healthy and growing like weeds. I have only one that did not frizzle.

My new six-week olds are due to arrive from McMurray next week! I can't wait. One will be a silver-laced Wyandotte. She will be the first of her breed I've had, what's your experience with them?

Hello everyone! Springtown here! About 20 miles NW of good ol' Fort Worth!!

welcome-byc.gif

Hello! I'm in Sutherland Springs, about 40 miles SE of San Antonio.
I know right where Sutherland springs is!
welcome-byc.gif

Random curiosity: anyone here in Texas have any showgirls? If so where did you get them? My chicky feelings have gone from being "anti-ornamental" to "okay-they're-kinda-cute" to thinkin' I neeeeed one! ... Stupid chicken math.
1f60f.png

Back
Top Bottom