Texas

6:38am, about 60 miles due South of me, a huge supercell thunderstorm developed but it's moving away to the Southwest. :(
20220825_063838.jpg

20220825_064007.jpg

Hello Everyone,

We purchased 4 Silky Chickens from Tractor Supply. 1 is 6 Months old Rooster, the other 3 are 3 months and Roosters (We believe). It was just our luck that all 4 were roosters. As we have no other chickens (hens) We have no use for them. No cost if anyone can come pick them up here in Lubbock, TX. Need all 4 gone by Aug 28th.
Corn Pop.jpg

Hello Everyone,

We purchased 4 Silky Chickens from Tractor Supply. 1 is 6 Months old Rooster, the other 3 are 3 months and Roosters (We believe). It was just our luck that all 4 were roosters. As we have no other chickens (hens) We have no use for them. No cost if anyone can come pick them up here in Lubbock, TX. Need all 4 gone by Aug 28th.View attachment 3235443
Good luck rehoming them! I don't have space for any cockerels, I have two that were gonna have to cull soon.

Ok peeps-i need advice. I *think* I screwed up. Trying to clean up yard. Everything goes in run. Instead of mixing pine needles with leaves clipping etc, I had to dump needles first-alot of needles. Now I have leaves clippings, I mowed part of yard today.
Do I:
pile on top of needles

Rake down to dirt, pile leaves then cover with needles

Rake down to dirt, mix needles with leaves

Rake needles out and burn (nor wanting this option)

I still have more (alot more) needles to dispose of.
HELP?

Ok peeps-i need advice. I *think* I screwed up. Trying to clean up yard. Everything goes in run. Instead of mixing pine needles with leaves clipping etc, I had to dump needles first-alot of needles. Now I have leaves clippings, I mowed part of yard today.
Do I:
pile on top of needles

Rake down to dirt, pile leaves then cover with needles

Rake down to dirt, mix needles with leaves

Rake needles out and burn (nor wanting this option)

I still have more (alot more) needles to dispose of.
HELP?
I would just keep piling then throw in a handful of scratch and let them do the work for ya. As far as the other needles, maybe you could pile them up for later and cover with a tarp

Flappy here! 😁😁
I don’t mean to intrude, but I have quite the situation. (that’s just my opinion)

I’ve steered away from the Texas state thread because I’ve seen how many pages there are, and the number is very daunting.

I need homes for two of my hens and ten chicks. I’ve decided to post in the state thread for any recommendations of farms that may be willing to take them. I want my chooks to be well taken care of, and I believe an animal-friendly farm is my best bet. ☺️☺️

I’m located in SE Texas and am willing to drive quite a bit to get them to a loving, new home. 🤗🤗

- Flappy
UPDATE:

I am happy (and sad) to say that I have been successful in rehoming many of these chickens! My friend took the majority, and a rooster of mine was taken by a nice family that found interest in him.🥰🥰

Back
Top Bottom