Texas

Hope the weatherman is wrong but I don't think they will be....I'm just not ready for temps in the teens!....I'd rather have are normal South Texas winter.
So I recently learned that the AccuWeather APP has the 30+ Day forecast again. The next 10 days is NOT FUN to look at… let alone *know* that I have to seriously prepare the wellhouse “one more time” as the summer was a washout for getting the shed/wellhouse 2.0 foundation setup and cemented…… so the sheds resting still, slightly tilted on 2x6’s on top of 4x4’s.

IMG_6397.jpeg

My retired wife and I currently live in Crowley (just South of Ft Worth) but when I retire (late 2024) we'll be buying some land in East Texas, hopefully near Tyler, and moving to the sticks! That's why I'm lurking here....absorbing all the wonderful info I can glean from this site so I can have everything planned, decided and ready to go.....right down to the toys I'll get for the girls!

I am near Mabank, Cedar Creek Lake.

We have horses, goats, Jacob Four Horn sheep, over 100 rabbits, approx. 300 head of several breeds of chickens, Guineas, 1 Brahman bull, 2 emu's, 1 pot-bellied pig, 1 wild sow, 3 Great Pyrenees, 1 Blue heeler, 1 BlueHeeler - Border Collie cross, & 1 Miniature Longhaired Dachshund.

Jean
.....and a feed bill to match! I know....I raised my boys on a farm and also raised Great Danes!!

So I recently learned that the AccuWeather APP has the 30+ Day forecast again. The next 10 days is NOT FUN to look at… let alone *know* that I have to seriously prepare the wellhouse “one more time” as the summer was a washout for getting the shed/wellhouse 2.0 foundation setup and cemented…… so the sheds resting still, slightly tilted on 2x6’s on top of 4x4’s.

View attachment 3723525
bus stop temp Monday morning.....5 degrees! Oh, my......:(

View attachment 3723525
I feel your pain, I still haven't insulated my well house....so the plan is to have the well cycling, and a heating blanket cover all the pipeing this time around, again. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom