Texas

Man I feel for y'all in Central and East Texas. I know how hard y'all have been getting hammered! We've been getting rained on near daily, but not as bad. Still, garden and chicken runs were under a few inches of water a couple of times 😔 My temp run has been pure mud these last two weeks! Had to install a few platforms in there to get the poor pullets out of the muck.

I also had just installed a 60 gallon rain barrel to be part of a rain collection self-watering system for the chickens, the dang thing topped out during the first storm!

I think the rain is over for a couple of days for the most part up here. My thoughts and prayers to y'all!

Also oh boy the Brazos is rising! That means flooding in my area. I have my own rain and everyone else's. 🤣
Yes it is! One day last week Hwy 7 was closed because the Brazos was running over, and another day they closed Hwy 14 between Groesbeck and Mexia because the Navasota was spilling over, smdh. I hope it doesn't get too bad for you🤞

Lol, I always say, we get enough rain for a year all at once, why cant we just spread the wet season over the rest of the year? You know, when theres drought and we actually need it! 😂
Wish it would work that way but Mother Nature being as she is, doesn't bend to our wishes, she's in control not us!

Back
Top Bottom