Texas

Quote:
Yeap it was 46 this morning I am threw with winner now

lol .. AWWWWW ... come'on!

It's better than 102 degrees and 90 percent humidity ..
lau.gif

I was in California last week visiting my brother and SIL.

My SIL made a comment that when we left she was going to store all her winter clothes in the bedroom closet we were using. My first reaction was "do your really have summer and winter clothes? " I wear basically the same clothes all year long (excluding shorts and sandals) and add a sweater or coat if it gets cooler for a day or two. I don't think I own anything made of wool.

I have SHORT SLEEVE t-shirts .. and LONG SLEEVE t-shirts ...
lau.gif

No really ... I love to lounge around in sweats .. but you can't do that when the humidity is 70% ..and the temp is 100

Quote:
Hilarious. Me too. I have jeans and t-shirts. In the winter, i wear the same jeans and t-shirts, and throw on one of 2 or 3 sweaters i own. I wear the same sweaters all winter (you know, all month). In the summer, i wear cut off jean shorts instead of jeans, unless i'm going out.

It must be very complicated to live in places that have winter.
lau.gif

Quote:
It IS!!! I'm a born and raised Texan..........but I lived in upstate Vermont for 3 years. Before moving up there I think I'd only ever owned one thing that was wool. In Texas, cotton is your friend!! But in Vermont wool is your friend!!!

In Vermont cotton socks absorb moisture and your feet stay wet and get cold!! Wool wicks moisture so your feet stay dry and warm.
The first July I was up there, there were mornings we had ICE on the mud puddles.

This Texas girl had a hard time believing that there could be Freezing weather in JULY!!! I'll never forget calling my Mom to tell her we had ice in JULY...........she just laughed........she was raised in northern Minnesota : )

In the winter everybody looked like pillsbury doughboys, lots of layers of clothing........took forever to get dressed in the morning....you had to have 3 different size cloths, so you can fit the layers, one over the other.

Didn't mind the cold, learned to wear wool and GOOD boots, but in the end it was the DARK that I couldn't deal with.....in December it gets dark about 3pm.......plus the sky is really small.........unless you go to a mountain top........then it gets a bit bigger. AND we couldn't see sunsets from our little valley.

I loved Vermont, but found I loved Texas more!!! Yeap, tee shirts, cut offs, sweats in winter and a sweater/jacket........we Texans don't have to have a lot of closet space for our seasonal wardrobe. LOL

Quote:
When i was a little girl, my family moved to Michigan for a while. At first, i was fascinated by all the snow, blah blah blah. . . until it snowed on Mother's Day. Then i was done. Not long after that, i decided that i would be happy with snow from Thanksgiving to New Years; beyond that, forget it.
smile.png
So i had to move back to Texas.
smile.png

Hi I live in Midland, Texas and we have banty white leghorns and banty americanas. I would love to buy some older banty americana hens, if anyone has some within driving distance(resonable),
cool.png

robineggblue

Hey everyone, I got a bunch of babies from Ideal in September, half of them were crested, not sure what breed or if it is a breed but they look really neat. Is anyone interested in having a couple, you can pretty much tell male from female now because of the crests (they are much bigger on the roos). They are really pretty but I have a lot now (I didn't really expect them all to make it). Could make a good deal if anyone is interested just e-mail, I'm in Cut'N'Shoot, near Conroe. Great day today, I guess fall is over, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom