Texas

We do too have seasons... we have summer, fishing season, deer season, and football season.
gig.gif

yuckyuck.gif
True though.
big_smile.png

My seasons go more like this: When the grass is green, and When the grass is brown. But the good part, there's two of each every year!

Quote:
Which part? It has almost anything you'd want for land regions; we have piney woods, to desert, to hill country, to the ocean. Then there are the big cities like Dallas, Austin, Houston with anything you'd want for theater, performance, arts, sports.

I'm in the northeast part, close to Dallas. It takes 12 hours to drive out of this state if we head south or west.

We don't have seasons - the colors are green in the spring, if we get rain - and brown the rest of the time.

We're having a drought, and we're under water restrictions so it's more brown than usual.

The summer is hot and humid - and it lasts about 9 months of the year and only a few weeks of what we'd call winter. The only time it's really comfortable in the summer time is after the temperature rises to over 110 or so because then at least the humidity is burned off.

We don't get much snow but when it ices over it's a bear because we don't have road crews/equipment to manage it.

We don't get rust on our cars though because we don't ice the roads very often! Folks closer to the gulf to have problems with it.

This time of the year, temperatures can range from the 30s at night to the 60 - 80s in the day time. One day it will be short & t-shirt weather, next day bundled up and scraping ice; next day back to shorts.

I'm not sure how you have storms there - but with so much humidity and contrasts in air temperatures, we have some really bang up thunder storms and sometimes tornadoes. A friend from Washington state moved here and said they didn't have the same kind of storms there.

I make it sound real appealing, wouldn't you say?

Really though - what kinds of things are you interested in knowing?

We do too have seasons... we have summer, fishing season, deer season, and football season.
gig.gif

We have two green seasons, in the spring and in the fall. The rest of the time it's brown.
lol.png

Oh and dont' let the temperature fool you. We had some people from New York move to Corpus Christi and they didn't bring their heavy coats along because it rarely gets below 40 there. Soon they were wishing they had brought them cause that damp wind makes you feel just like you're in sub freezing weather!

Last edited:
Quote:
Mostly what ive found so far are pieces of bivalves aka clams,oysters there also known as heart urchins which usually i just find only one part of the whole lol. But ive also found one arrowhead too just look online and youll find some great stuff on where to look.

TEXAS is totally unique. Pick a climate...we've got it! We've got hurricanes, we've got tornadoes, we've got droughts, we've got floods. But, more than anything else.....Texas is a state of mind!

If you don't like the part of the state you're in....click your heels together and you'll be transported to another climate., and/or another culture.

We're big, we're bad, we're great and we're glad. A Texas native is proud of what we were born into and grateful for where we are...while at the same time noting that any other part of the state can be compared to another country.

Not only are we large, we encompass many diverse climates, ethnicities and cultures. Texans come from so many backgrounds and yet somehow we epitomize what state loyalty is all about. Why? Because we are blessed to be here. We welcome 'immigrants.'

I saw a bumper sticker today that said "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could."

The only other thing I can say to you is....."Welcome!" (if you do decide to move here)

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom