The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure that the bulb is not green because of a plastic coating on the bulb. That coating is toxic and will kill chicks.

The bulb has to be incandescent too. LED bulbs do not generate enough heat.

Check into getting a brooder plate like the one premier1 sells. They will pay for themselves over time due to lower energy costs. They are also more natural for the chicks
I won two brooder plates and also bought one that can warm up to 50 chicks. Alot safer and economical. They go right under it no problem.

is It any help to me at lockdown/hatching to have an air cell marked from today for the general area or do I need to plan on marking them all at lockdown?

Looking for a reason to candle tonight since I’m the only one around here that doesn’t watch Game of Thrones. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ive never marked mine or weighed them. I figure whoever hatches hatches.

is It any help to me at lockdown/hatching to have an air cell marked from today for the general area or do I need to plan on marking them all at lockdown?

Looking for a reason to candle tonight since I’m the only one around here that doesn’t watch Game of Thrones. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You can mark today and at lockdown to see the difference.

You can candle any time!

Oh, go on and do it just for the heck of it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom