The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a pip!!! Not the egg I was expecting to go first. It's a porcelain d'uccle...and he's pipped at the wrong end. :hmm Really hope he manages to hatch. I only have 2 porcelain in there and am going to be pretty bummed if neither hatches out.
20190417_201354.jpg

I've got a pip!!! Not the egg I was expecting to go first. It's a porcelain d'uccle...and he's pipped at the wrong end. :hmm Really hope he manages to hatch. I only have 2 porcelain in there and am going to be pretty bummed if neither hatches out.
View attachment 1742047
The first pip is always a relief! That means you will have some hatch!

Ugh! I got home from work today around 4:30 and checked on the incubator. The temperature was done to around 90 at wire level (where they eggs are lying). I also noticed that the fan is no longer working when the heat comes on!:he Not sure what to do since they went into lockdown last night. :idunno
I am trying to boost the temperature back up but doing it slowly so that I don't accidentally get it too high and kill them all that way ( if they didn't already die from the temps being too low).:hit
Any suggestions?

Ugh! I got home from work today around 4:30 and checked on the incubator. The temperature was done to around 90 at wire level (where they eggs are lying). I also noticed that the fan is no longer working when the heat comes on!:he Not sure what to do since they went into lockdown last night. :idunno
I am trying to boost the temperature back up but doing it slowly so that I don't accidentally get it too high and kill them all that way ( if they didn't already die from the temps being too low).:hit
Any suggestions?

Watching but no suggestions :(

Well, I'm in semi-lockdown as of tonight with my three eggies, still hoping those air cells get a liiiiittle bit bigger before I really up the humidity. I did shut off the turner, though, which was a little bit painful after all the work it took to get it started. :p Can't believe some of y'all are seeing pips already! :eek:

THANK YOU @pipdzipdnreadytogo!!! This is going to be perfect and I won’t have to do anything. I even have little humidity cups and sponges ready if I can’t keep the humidity up and four separate compartments for individual eggs I’m concerned about getting knocked around.

844f4748-0f0a-46eb-a3e6-365e2016730a-jpeg.1741479

Nice!! Glad I could help! :)

Any suggestions?

I'm not super experienced with incubation, but my understanding is that by this point, they are much less sensitive to temperature drops, so they *should* be okay. :fl Hoping someone with more experience chimes in to help!

Any suggestions?
Well the good news is your incubator picked the best time to break down. Since they are already at lockdown stage they are developed enough where they aren't as sensitive to temperature fluctuations. Still sucks and may have an impact but it's not as bad as it could've been. Just try to get the temp back up if you can and keep the humidity up. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :fl:fl:fl

On a side note: I came home from dinner to find 4 more pips! Only 1 problem... 3 of the 4 are on the wrong end. :barnie What in the world would cause so many to pip the wrong end? As many times as I've hatched I've only ever had 1 or 2 do this. They were incubated on their sides this time instead of fat end up but I wouldn't think that would cause it since Momma Broodys don't use egg turners. :p

Any suggestions?
:fl I hope they make it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom