The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am talking about poking safety holes. Helping at the end is a different thing and is sometimes necessary.

Look at it like this: C sections rates are way to high in the US and usually not necessary and bad for both baby and mom. The more interventions before and during birth leads to the high rates.

It is similar with hatching chicks. The more you mess un necessarily with the eggs, the more likely there will be hatch problems.

Safety holes are not needed after internal pipping. It is some weird fad in hatching that needs to go away!

It's hard to deal with natural selection sometimes, but I have to agree with you Ron. My heart doesn't want to though.

It's hard to deal with natural selection sometimes, but I have to agree with you Ron. My heart doesn't want to though.
It can be very hard! I have to slap my hand away from opening the incubator. I tell myself to give more time and usually the chick hatches on it's own. Rarely after giving lots of time I will help.

I learned this by hatching for a breeder that did not want me to help. It was a great learning experience

My 1st is out! Day 19

0EF4499F-01E6-4767-B4AD-D02FC08EF481.jpeg

My oldest daughter was home sick today so lucky her got to watch.
EE2C0671-D6F6-434F-8134-9989EFE02ADF.jpeg

B95148B9-5139-4348-BEBC-A75B3B48F1A0.jpeg

I can’t tell for sure yet but if those feathers are yellow it isn’t a pure silkie. It would be 75% and 25%duccle.

My young rooster that I’ve been looking for a home for has been sneaking it in with the girls . My silkie rooster can only have blue/black/splash. The mom of this one is a splash silkie .

9EAD7D3A-1ECB-43E4-A2B0-FD3450AFE3DF.jpeg

My 1st is out! Day 19

View attachment 1742669

My oldest daughter was hone sick today so lucky her got to watch.
View attachment 1742670

View attachment 1742671

I can’t tell for sure yet but if those feathers are yellow it isn’t a pure silkie. It would be 75% and 25%duccle.

My young rooster that I’ve been looking for a home for has been sneaking it in with the girls . My silkie rooster can only have blue/black/splash. The mom of this one is a splash silkie .

View attachment 1742675
Nice!

Do you have streaming setup in the incubator?

It can be very hard! I have to slap my hand away from opening the incubator. I tell myself to give more time and usually the chick hatches on it's own. Rarely after giving lots of time I will help.

I learned this by hatching for a breeder that did not want me to help. It was a great learning experience

I bet it was, wow what a great opportunity. Good to know you fight with yourself too though :)

That's exactly what goes through my mind every time I go peek :lau:highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom