The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to doze off when I heard loud peeping. Two chicks hatched out together, side by side, yay!
20190420_000339.jpg

Congrats on all the chicks !

I went and checked on the egg that has been zipping then stopped (one that I candled so I left it when I saw the big veins ) . It looked like it had started shrink wrapping around the front where it had zipped so I opened it up to put Vaseline on the membrane . It still has some veins but not as big as before . I think I should leave it overnight?

Not sure why this one had started zipping before the veins were gone. Looks to be in the right position right?

View attachment 1744807
I would wait.

FINAL HAL HATCH COUNT : 9/18

Honestly that is awesome for as far as these guys were shipped. 11 made it to lockdown. Had the one accidental suffocation when his pipped got covered and then the other looks like it died right after lockdown. Sad but I'm happy with the 9 little fluffy butts I have.

Time for pictures!!
Silver Sebright in the back, black EE in the front
View attachment 1744351
2 blue EE
View attachment 1744352
Porcelain d'uccle, 2 golden neck d'uccle
View attachment 1744354
Another EE (no idea on color), Golden Sebright
View attachment 1744355
And everybody huddled under MHP. My first attempt at one. They seem to love it. Only time I hear chirping is when someone comes out and decides they're cold and they complain before running back under. Lol
View attachment 1744356

What is an MHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom