The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the first baby is out! I quickly shut off the turner, dang i am always forgetting something....there is another egg with external pip and the poults are talking to each other:):love

:yesss: I love hearing them talk to each other :loveGood luck Cap, I hope your dream comes true.

8 of my original 12 hatched from my first batch. Now onto my 6 silkies. They all looked good but we will see. Here are some picks of the first set.

Attachments

• Chick pic 1.JPG
    Chick pic 1.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Chick pic 2.JPG
    Chick pic 2.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Chick pic 3.JPG
    Chick pic 3.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 6
Congrats to everyone with little ones out!

And sorry to those who had little ones that didn't make it. :(

My little guys are making me wait as expected. I saw a tiny pip in one before bed last night and it's bigger today. I'm almost positive I heard a few faint peeps this morning too. :D

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high since I almost always lose at least a few in lockdown with shipped chicken eggs (the one time I had shipped quail eggs those little buggers were excellent hatchers, every one that made it past day 7 of incubation made it)!

I am so jealous! And i am freaking out a bit. I made a new rack to hold egg trays , and painted it so the wood would stay dryer. I waited 24 hours for the paint to dry. But when i opened the bator tonight, it smelled like paint. Hoping the fumes didn't kill all my chicks!!
I took all the chicks from the last hatch out into the brooder in the barn. So it will be quiet in here until these guys start peeping...hopefully. i thought i heard a chirp from the turkey incubator in the bathroom. Hoping for a great hatch there!
I hope the paint was not too toxic!

18 of 29 eggs locked down a couple days ago. Had really hoped for better fertility but I can only do so much in that department. I've supplemented light, added vitamins and trimmed vents.:he Maybe broody hens will yield me some Wyandottes later or I'll fire up the incubator and try this fall. Still happy to have 12 of the 18 New Hampshires and Dominiques now pipped on this day 20.
:fl

I'm trying to maintain hope ( but it's hard!) Day 21 starts this evening around 8:30. So far no pips, no rocking, no chirping (other than the birds outside which I keep thinking are from the eggs when I first walk in the room, LOL). I know with the lower temps I'm having ( with the fan that stopped working) my eggs could be a day or so behind schedule. But it is super stressful not being able to do anything other than wait.
I want to open the incubator and candle a couple, but I WON"T!! Ughhh.
Good luck everyone!
I checked last night for pips. TWICE. Nothing. Now I’m tired this morning. ;-)
I think I checked 3 times last night and twice so far this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom