The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking promising...............7 out now and still many more starting to "break out

Was so worried that eggs had gotten too chilled and expected only couple to make it..

in the past I never start this early...far too cold in Ontario..Canada...I am now hoping for at
least a 40% hatch..( 16 chicks)....
celebrate.gif

Well, I locked down the 'bator after actually candling 3 of the 24 eggs and removing 1.

The first one I selected was the one I removed. Little or no development. So I candled a second egg; dunno 'bout air cells or anything, but the egg was clearly full of chick. So was the next egg.

Good enough for me. Unplugged the turner cradle, upped the humidity percentage to trigger the humidity pump, and walked away.

Because Sparkle the house Silkie is raising her chicks in the brooder bin under the incubator table, I will start the obsessive nose-pressing during the day.

14 chicks now, 4 more hatched over night and one more pip. So all my hrirs have hatched and 4 silkies :) there is 8 silkie eggs left in the bator, fingers crossed, good thoughts, prayers, whatever are welcome! I would be so happy if a blue and my only partridge hatched! That way I would have at least one of each color :D
(Am I asking to much? :p)

Btw, I've read through the last several pages and plan to reply! I just have to get on my laptop it's not really fun trying to reply to several when your on your phone lol!! I'm sure others can relate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom