The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH and I have an agreement. He doesn't tell me how many animals I can keep and I don't tell him how many guns he can buy.

We have:
21 chickens (counting chicks)
6 dogs
6 rabbits
3 goats
A turkey
A horse
A donkey

I've got 12 turkey eggs ready to go in the bator and then as many chicken eggs for tutors that I can fit in there.
I like this - I could use this. or how many car projects he can buy :) He just got a new shotgun, so I should get as many baby chicks as I want, cause they are never going to add up to be as expensive as that gun, no matter how long they live or how much food they eat.

a couple of my chicks are starting to get sticky butt. I added a teaspoon of ACV to their water today. What else should I do?

Let them eat some plain yogurt or Kefir twice a day
give them some chick grit(TSC sells it! Small for chicks!)
Gently wash their bums each day. Soak a bunch and be very careful! You do not want to pull out an intestine....

I like this - I could use this. or how many car projects he can buy :) He just got a new shotgun, so I should get as many baby chicks as I want, cause they are never going to add up to be as expensive as that gun, no matter how long they live or how much food they eat.
haha my husband says "ya but my gun doesn't have to eat" to which i tell him "you feed it plenty of bullets" and that usually quiets him up

I have a total of 41 Chicks I know I said I was only setting 41 But I set around 80 when all was said and done, I ended up with 50 eggs after day 18 lock down. I had 9 eggs no hatch quitters. So with that said I had a hatch rate of 82% Really happy about that.
wee.gif

Last edited:
My Cutest Easter Chick Contest entries, for those that don't take a look at the thread. These were taken today.

I didn't really have what I wanted to work with, but tried my best to make it 'Easter' related.

3buff & 1 white silkie..

Here they are! 4 Barnyard Mix (California White x BR, GSL, RIR), 2 French Black Copper Maran, 1 Olive Egger (FBCM x WA), 1 Wheaten Ameracauna... in that order :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom