The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Hi, I posted this on another thread, but thought I should post it here...Late on 3/5 I set 15 Blue Bantam EE's (Thanks TJ), 16 Spitzhauben eggs (Thanks Crazytalk), 19 of my own Silkie eggs and 6 Trader Joe eggs that I doubt are fertile, but I'm trying anyway. These are all in the new Brinsea. I added another 4 Trader Joes eggs in my LG. So, a total of 60 eggs for the Easter HAL.

Thanks!!!

Thank You! Good Luck with your hatch!

Well I hadn't intended to set any this year but I have a hen decide to go broody so I have 2 under her. Weirdly she lays at noon and so does one of my others so I guess they wanted to do the hatch along. They were laid at noon and she started setting lol. This will also tell me if my roo is doing his job
Go Broody! Thank You! Good Luck with your hatch!

Finally set my eggs grand total 42 barnyard mixes from two different people! My second time hatching first time in this incubator! So nervous/ anxious!!!

Do you guys mind if I join? I have 16 Jubilee Orpingtons, 10 Lavender/Black Split Ameracaunas, & 8 French Black Copper Marans due Friday the 25th.
Welcome! Thank You! Good Luck with your hatch!

I am setting 23 eggs for the EHAL.

12 are barnyard mixes that were shipped to me and the rest are a mix of my own eggs (also barnyard mixes).

Thanks to the great ladies who have helped me replace the batch of eggs I ruined this morning. Easter hatch along take 2. Set 42 more eggs. English Orphingtons ( black mottled, blue, black and splash), EEs, Olive Eggers, Splash Marans, Langershan, and barn yard mix.
I'm glad you got new eggs to set! Thank You! Good Luck with your hatch!

flocktastic
MY Birthday tooo!
Yay March 26th!
My eggs are set and ready to go. Set 12 backyard mixes with a possibility of a purebred Black Rock.
I am doing spread sheets on temperature&humidity, egg candling&pip/zip time and chick id and maybe daily weight.

Set 28 duck eggs (mix selection of pekin and Muscovy) and I set 42 barnyard mix chicken eggs (all standard size)
1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f413.png
so that's 70 eggs set from me.

Good Morning! X2

Hatch/Set List is Current to Post 7231

Last edited:
Ya that's why I have a zero tolerance policy. There's to many good roosters out there. And when you throw kids in the mix it's just to dangerous. My nephews mean more to me then any of my flock. And I love my flock.

Can I get an Amen!! I have a zero aggressive animal policy. And a shotgun and 380 to enforce my policy.

I set 19 Bielefelders, 12 game birds for the hubby, 5 mottled houdans, 13 French black copper marans, and 11 crested cream legbars. Woohoo!

Morning! I wasnt intending to enter, but I set 18 eggs on Saturday, at noon! & eng. jubilee orp. the rest are just what my ladies laid that day to fill the bator!

I ordered eggs for the HAL and some arrived Saturday but Ive been letting them rest. I have more on their way (bantam Cochins) but as of now haven't arrived yet. Am i still good to set tomorrow or should I just set and count the 11 i have and set them today??

I just want to confirm that tomorrow is still included for setting chicken eggs? (I don't want to trust my tired brain)
th.gif

I could give my set number now...but I know I'll just be adding what I get tomorrow and I'll have to post another answer tomorrow. (Been there, done that with Ron last HAL
gig.gif
)
woot.gif

(Sorry Ron)
hide.gif
Yep, today is still good!
thumbsup.gif

And HEY EVERRRYYYYBOOODDDYYYYY!!!

Hatch day - MARCH 26th is my BIRTHDAY!!! So my birthday wish is for ALL of us to have successful, smooth incubations and hatches!!

1f604.png
1f44f-1f3fb.png
1f604.png
1f44f-1f3fb.png
1f604.png
1f44f-1f3fb.png
1f604.png
Happy Birthday! May everyone have great hatches!

Do you guys mind if I join? I have 16 Jubilee Orpingtons, 10 Lavender/Black Split Ameracaunas, & 8 French Black Copper Marans due Friday the 25th.
Welcome!

Ok, I have a question. Do you guys do a final TOTAL count. Like how many eggs have been set in total for the HAL?
Yes. We are collecting the numbers now, then we will announce the winner of the Guess How Many Will Be Set contest and start the Guess How Many Will Hatch contest.

That's totally cool!! It's MY birthday too......

in the Month of March....................
wee.gif

but...........................................

not on the 26th. It's another day.

Usually it's the day some cow thinks it's a GREAT idea to have twisted twins....or some other anomaly like that. So I get covered in cow goo from head to toe while I extract the twins...or something like that.
sickbyc.gif
Totally true! It's what I was doing last year AND the year before that. It was the ONLY assist there was last year. On second thought...let's not think about my birthday!!
sickbyc.gif

I'm hoping your birthday will be MUCH better!!! I'm sure it will be...it'll be filled with baby chicks!!
yesss.gif

thumbsup.gif
Happy Birthday month to you too!

I found a solution for my eggs due while I am gone in the form of a broody hen someone could not keep. She was sitting on at least 20 eggs, and she's a bantam! They did not separate her, so all hers are at different development stages. Should I stick em in my spare bator to see what happens?
Left broody in new pen (indoor brooder) with a blanket on the top and 3 of her eggs. Crossing fingers she settles down on them. If so, I plan to trade her for my 8 GFF line eggs due Sat.
She's a cutie-looks like a bantam barred rock. Almost made me cry-lost my favorite hen who was a full-size br.
Yay for the broody!

Wish I could participate this year but my eggs aren't here yet..... My fault
Always next year... but this year I get to watch the experts and learn from them
pop.gif
Bummer, but feel free to chat with us anyway! Maybe your eggs will come today!
fl.gif

Believe it or not about three months ago he was about to be culled. I got the all the stuff out to cull him. Because I turned my back one mourning started walking. Next thing I know he was coming right at me. He didn't attack he just put his feathers on his neck out and stood his ground at me. I chased him down grabbed him and through him in a dog cage to be culled. Well long story short it's my mom and girlfriends favorite rooster. So they begged me then my mom put down the mom hammer. So he got a stay of execution. I told them they had 1 month cause they swore to work with him. They go out and feed him treats now and pet him. And we haven't had a problem since. Even after are scuffle the one time he eats out of my hand now. So I'm glad they rehabilitated him cause he's a beautiful our breed black Minorca. But I still keep a close eye on him. So far so good. I have little nephews so I have a zero aggressive rooster tolerance. My 3 year old nephew Liam loves to go out and feed the chickens. But Merlin is doing good now and hasn't shown any aggression since the one time. Maybe something spooked him or something that day I'm not sure.
Sometimes they just get weird about something different. I had a welsummer male that attacked me once, he never did it again. I figured out it was because I was talking on my cell phone because the next time I went into the run while on my phone, he started to come at me. I immediately hung up so I could deal with him, and he backed down. I never went in with my cell phone again, and never had any further issues with him.

Here ya go Loco...donating more Salt and Pepper shakers for the Share and laugh contest. Bet you already have some corn on the cob ones.

Thank you so much Cynthia!!

They will be for one of the prizes in the SHARE A LAUGH BELOW! For the APRIL HAL!

"Springing in the Chicks"
2016 April Hatch-a-Long

Hosted by Mike & Sally

Qgx7f8FA57W-itPcOYbInU3zyZDKjlF9QcY4fG3boAVmlJQ5qfCoZ3CNQ8H6y4rfONeAfAT8n8IeLK3VyfGKxd_bLks4fRVILpfFRTxxRkjXWlj9lW6HE8gExxqGAPEOXxgkVqWf
Set Eggs ANYTIME in April,

If you have eggs in the bator in April you can join us!

EVERYONE is Welcome!

NEW COOL CONTESTS!

“Share a Laugh” Random Posting Thread OPEN!!!

“Share Helpful BYC TIPS” Random Posting Thread

Chick Mug Shots

Selfies with Fowl

Fowl drawing Contest

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom