The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Everyone!!!

My color explosion continues. These are 2nd generation in my inbreeding trial. Fathers are pure BCMs, mothers are red sexlink/BCM crosses. Same fathers for both generations. The one on the left is a coloring I haven't seen before in my chicks, and I'm amazed at how many of them there are too. ...24 so far.
love the coloring!!! congrats!!

please add me! laura herringdine

Welcome Laura!!
frow.gif
any idea what your gonna hatch?
Quote: tru dat
yesss.gif

Thanks @KYTinpusher!

My roo was in a bachelor coop so his feathers are a little beat up. I like the woolly look!

The other chicks all have gray/white. But I think my pair is pink. I'll have to check again. They're pretty wild and do not enjoy being handled. :/ Hoping to correct that with the chicks.

So this is my brooder setup now. Firstly, its outside in my unheated greenhouse, so I am very concerned about the water freezing. I'm hoping that the heat plates and chicks are going to keep at least some of the water unfrozen.

My other concern is whether the chicks will be able to drink from the waterer at all. There's not a lot of space between the top of its lip, and the bottom of the plates lip. Anyone with experience here that can offer me some suggestions?

Quote:
Somehow I missed your post last night...I'm sorry about that!!

That's very interesting about the color as well, I love paint Silkies (well paint anything...lol) so yes, very helpful...thank you!

The getting of Easter Eggers was not really planned, so I'm can't take any credit there...lol. I had just wanted a few yard chickens and I got 1 pair of EEs with the assortment of chickens that were being given away. I've since become addicted to incubating and well...here I am.
gig.gif
I just happened to replace the predated stock with EE chicks that are lay green/pink/tan eggs. My own pair lay blue and every one of them has been as tough as nails. I'm beyond impressed! With 30 years of breeding and genetics under my belt...I can't wait to develop the flock I have in my head.
woot.gif

Dodie, I love that!! Very fitting. She's beautiful...her comb reminds me of some of the combs on my Silkie crosses. Are all of your Dalmatians spotted? I'm not as familiar with the breed, but they can come as solids too?

Back
Top Bottom