The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Quote:
yesss.gif

Quote:
Glad I could help! Good luck incubating!
highfive.gif
you as well!!

jumpy.gif
I'm in, I'm in....A dear friends is bringing me an incubator and eggs tomorrow, lol! Woo Hooo!!!
bun.gif
MICH !!!!! That is my MICH!!! are you serious!!! you told me no!!! NOT GONNA ARGUE I AM Happy to see you back!!!! @Gardeningmama
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

@Sally Sunshine

I've set 37 eggs for the HAL!

whatcha set saris?
I lost all my quotes. Thank you to everyone that was concerned. I'm feeling much better now. At this point I'm just tired. My in-laws were over today for a cook out and I had to help with a lot of stuff.

I got the chance to check a few of my eggs earlier, so I candled my Silkie eggs. 100% fertility!
I am glad your feeling better Raz
hugs.gif
rest up now please! Good news on the fertility, send them over to have a talk with HarmonyAnns CurlySues please! lol

So what is the best reviewed incubator everyone likes that won't break the bank. I have a couple of the styrofoam ones and a couple my hubby made for me but I was just wondering what everyone else has?
CoolerBATOR

CABINET/COOLERBATOR ~
Joining a day late!!!! Set my eggs today. Whoops!
smile.png
Oh and I set 24. Chickens.
@venymae
hope your feeling better 2nd one in the group to have appendices in a month! what did you set? send an update over in the incu thread please so I can update your hatcher note
Thank you to everyone that is posting their set numbers! Keep them coming!
ya.gif

I forgot to turn on the turner and just turned it on today a day late I hope it won't affect much. I have a still air incubator I was checking on it yet did not realize ilthe turner was off till a few hours ago.

Welcome to the Hatch-a-long!
frow.gif

My brother was wondering why he chickens were all inside. So he went out, I assumed only to smoke, but caight him watching the chickens and taking pictures. The girls were VERY interested in him

The going inside was a new development as was bonding with Diva. The second picture was right after he was trying to get a picture of her and had a huge smile. Now of course it was probably just cause he thought it was hilarious and wanted to share with friends but you can't deny there was SOME happiness. Too cute.
That's awesome. Everyone can't help but like chickens a little bit.
smile.png

Momma is still hatching but check these out!

She looks like one happy momma hen.
smile.png

Alright, I'm in!!! Just set 8 Cream Legbar eggs from my own flock a few minutes ago.

Add me to the list!!!!
clap.gif

- Ant Farm

Welcome! So glad you could join!

Ok the little road trip to get eggs was a bit of an adventure when I realized I grabbed the wrong adapter for the gps. But I got them, thank you Christina and ty for the free extra dozen! First pic is the beautiful new eggs on the way home (CL, OE, EE), 2nd pic is of all the eggs together (mine are from various prod. type hens by CL & EEs roos). I filled up my lucky dry hatching bator with the new blood and had pull an even older incubator out of the attic for eggs from my own flock. It has no fan and no turner so we'll see how it goes. I never did fit all that are pictured.
Total set: 91

Wow! That's a lot of nice eggs!
thumbsup.gif

You're welcome. I think I found the ideal on NYC somewhere. Tried it and really like the ideal. Works great for the smaller amount if eggs set by a one or two hen run.

Hi Drey..do you put some kind of top on the container so they don't jump out? I have three eggs I've set for a friend, they are blue, my eggs are EE's..so, they could come out looking a lot like one of mine...want to give this a try!
I remember someone on here uses potato sacks. Sets a few in there, ties up the end. I just worried about the little toes getting caught in the sack.

here are some of the eggs I set for the hatch along

I set 8 dz not all of them are shown here I had already put some in the bator and did not want to take them out
Oh wow, these are beautiful! You are going to have a lot of baby chicks too!

I lost all my quotes. Thank you to everyone that was concerned. I'm feeling much better now. At this point I'm just tired. My in-laws were over today for a cook out and I had to help with a lot of stuff.

I got the chance to check a few of my eggs earlier, so I candled my Silkie eggs. 100% fertility!

ya.gif
Good luck, can't wait to see them!

I forgot to turn on the turner and just turned it on today a day late I hope it won't affect much. I have a still air incubator I was checking on it yet did not realize ilthe turner was off till a few hours ago.
The lack of turning on the first day will not hurt them!

Good catch getting it on though!

Back
Top Bottom