The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Yay! All 20 eggs in the incubator are developing, my silkie, Ice is sitting on 8 more and my ameraucana bantam, Goldenrod just started setting.
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

We had a huge micro burst roll through. I was in a room, and wondered what in the world was going on with the attick..it was creaking. At first I thought ... someone is walking around upstairs..wait! I am upstairs. Then I heard the wind! Wow, we've had them before, but never this hard, or fast.
DH went outside to check the roof, I went out and checked the chickens. They were just standing there..all accounted for. lol....the roof...not so funny.

Our roof now..and some shingles up in the apple tree.

DH called the ins. co. We need to get 3 different estimates. Then we will pay $1,000 deductible.
We have been talking about getting a new roof anyway. Good timing I guess.
I'm glad there wasn't any more damage and no one was hurt!

Quote: Oh my.

Yay! All 20 eggs in the incubator are developing, my silkie, Ice is sitting on 8 more and my ameraucana bantam, Goldenrod just started setting.
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
woot.gif

How fun, hatching mystery eggs!

Greenish is most likely an EE. And I do have speckled eggs with no Welsummers - someone sneaky lays them, and I don't know who! Lol!

The Chicken Girls eggs had straw sticking to them and had obviously not been washed, and Forestville is a brief jaunt from hereon decent roads. So between that, and the freshness of the eggs, I'm hoping a rooster or two has had something to do with these eggs' mothers, and they may yet hatch.

Woohoo!! I have a first PIP on my test hatch tray!!!! It is one of the Ameraucana x Leghorn eggs!!
celebrate.gif
Can't wait to see what they will look like!

I have the humidity at 65% right now - BYC hatching veterans - do you think that 65% is safe for now or should I try and get it higher? I would rather not go TOO high because of the staggered hatch eggs in the upper trays, but I want the hatching babies to be safe. I know they will raise the humidity higher when they start hatching also. Any thoughts?
hu.gif

Azura is still on the nest and the big move is done. Oddball (and Jewel) has taken 'Saint's' place. I also moved Jet out of the quarantine pen and 2 RIRs out of Blizzard's pen. I know Jazzy isn't going to be happy in the morning, but Oddball will!

Woohoo!! I have a first PIP on my test hatch tray!!!! It is one of the Ameraucana x Leghorn eggs!!
celebrate.gif
Can't wait to see what they will look like!

I have the humidity at 65% right now - BYC hatching veterans - do you think that 65% is safe for now or should I try and get it higher? I would rather not go TOO high because of the staggered hatch eggs in the upper trays, but I want the hatching babies to be safe. I know they will raise the humidity higher when they start hatching also. Any thoughts?
hu.gif
thumbsup.gif

Don't go higher.

Back
Top Bottom