The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

An Ayam Cemani chick finally hatched!

Super cute!

Going into lock down tomorrow.  Anyone else?  I'm a day earlier than the set date.

I do to. My HAL babies should be arriving on Friday :)

I have a special assist chick. It couldn't do anything for hours and got weaker the longer the time, so I helped it out. I have no idea what to do next, it's been in there for 24 hours now. It is a little bloody.
His pip is the one on the left:

What I did:

I have a special assist chick. It couldn't do anything for hours and got weaker the longer the time, so I helped it out. I have no idea what to do next, it's been in there for 24 hours now. It is a little bloody.
His pip is the one on the left:

What I did:

That's a lot more blood than I've had with my assisted chicks. I honestly would have left it awhile longer before assisting. Right now I'd separate from the rest (in a strawberry basket or something) and see what it does from there.

So my eggs are about halfway through day 16. Did a quick candle to check air cells. Looks like I've got a few that may hatch early. A few chicks are pushing at their air sacs already. I'll be going into lockdown tomorrow. A few days ahead of schedule, but I was expecting it for the pullet eggs I set.

Back
Top Bottom