The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

45 in lockdown not too sure on a few of them but we'll see soon
1f604.png
Only 4 of my Dutch bantams made it, really hoping at least 1 hatches.

Ok I just pulled the plug! Hope everyone is going to be ok...
1f62c.png
1f62c.png
1f62c.png
1f62c.png
my humidity is running about 40% and I've had to add water each day to keep it between 30%-40%...(with plug in) but tomorrow I'll add quite a bit more water to up humidity...leave plug out as it is now...& hope for the best!

I live in Wisconsin in the path of this ugly snowstorm set to hit over the next 2 days. Warnings of high winds and power outages have me stressing out over my babies set to hatch for Easter...trying something new - quail and pheasants. At last candling, I had 20 that looked good. To have a power outage at this point when they only have a few days to go would be absolutely heartbreaking.
So my question to anyone...Any creative ways to keep heat in your bator if power goes out? I've got a small forced air hovobator. How long can the little guys make it if the temp drops a few degrees?

When my incubator did this I put it on my bed and wrapped blankets all around it, under it and everything. Power came back on two hours later and chicks were fine, temp only went down to 85!

I am locking down tonight - it will actually be the middle of day 19 for me, I set on Friday morning. I did this last week and it worked perfectly - first pip on Wednesday evening, and first chick hatched on Thursday morning!
jumpy.gif
Looking forward to some different breeds in this hatch - Bielefelders, Jubilee Orps, Swedish Flower Hens, and some Polish Ameraucana crosses from my own flocks!
wee.gif

Ooo, nice babies on the way!

I'm in lock down now!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom